Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick way to get TFN number?

Options
  • 16-03-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Is there a quick way to get the TFN number here?
    I have heard there are places you can call into in person to get it rather than applying online and waiting the 2 weeks, not sure how true this is though! Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Zero truth, tfn are only given out by the ATO, though they usually take 3-5 days.
    Also it shouldn't matter, usually you have a 30 day period before being emergency taxed (this was the case a few years ago, not sure if still the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

hussey wrote: »
    Zero truth, tfn are only given out by the ATO, though they usually take 3-5 days.
    Also it shouldn't matter, usually you have a 30 day period before being emergency taxed (this was the case a few years ago, not sure if still the case)

It is still the case. Infact I had longer than 30 days (2 pay checks) before the company used my TFN and still didn't get emergency taxed.

There really is no quick way and there doesn't need to be from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

They will normally send it to you within a week, as long as you have an Australian address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

How i apply for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

zweton wrote: »
    How i apply for it?
    Via the ATO website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Q & A added to the FAQ's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Advertisement