Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superfunds

Options
  • 16-03-2012 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

So its time to get paid and i need to set up a superfund. Can anyone recommend one or at least tell me what to look out for.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Sundy wrote: »
    So its time to get paid and i need to set up a superfund. Can anyone recommend one or at least tell me what to look out for.

thanks!

What industry are you working in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Industry super are one of the biggest, ESP for union type jobs
    AMP are a market leader (note I work for them, not trying to pimp)

Look for one with low fees, if you know anything about shares you can self-managed also

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

hussey wrote: »
    Industry super are one of the biggest, ESP for union type jobs
    AMP are a market leader (note I work for them, not trying to pimp)

Look for one with low fees, if you know anything about shares you can self-managed also

Sorry to go off topic but since you mentioned it, is it possible to self manage the likes of Cbus?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You can mange your investment options etc, but not your actual super fund.
    Self managed super is offered by rabo etc,
    I'm not actually sure how to set it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

s.c wrote: »
    What industry are you working in?
    Im a surveyor by trade but im in a white collar mining job.

there seems to be lots of choices.
    Also another questions.. is the insurance that comes with a super account worth having?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Im a surveyor by trade but im in a white collar mining job.

I'm with ANZ Superadvantage. Just went with what the company I work for offered for now. Probably should have looked into it a bit better myself.

I'm a Surveyor aswell, working for a seismic surveying company at the moment. I thought you were being offered a job as a mine surveyor out here a few months ago? I remember you making a thread about being offered a job and wanting to know life on camp was that for the white collar job?

How old are you? Plenty of work in surveying out here, would hate to see a fellow surveyor not surveying their brains out!

DIT Bolton St. I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

irishmover wrote: »
    I'm with ANZ Superadvantage. Just went with what the company I work for offered for now. Probably should have looked into it a bit better myself.

I'm a Surveyor aswell, working for a seismic surveying company at the moment. I thought you were being offered a job as a mine surveyor out here a few months ago? I remember you making a thread about being offered a job and wanting to know life on camp was that for the white collar job?

How old are you? Plenty of work in surveying out here, would hate to see a fellow surveyor not surveying their brains out!

DIT Bolton St. I assume?
    Yeah I turned down the mine surveying job for a Perth based job. Its still directly related to the mining & surveying industry though.

I graduated from Bolton St in 2007, and at this stage I've done enough field surveying to keep me happy for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Yeah I turned down the mine surveying job for a Perth based job. Its still directly related to the mining & surveying industry though.

I graduated from Bolton St in 2007, and at this stage I've done enough field surveying to keep me happy for life.

Plenty of mundane jobs in surveying.. Except I've found mine surveying to be interesting enough to be fair.

Advertisement