Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Lites Not working properly?

Options
  • 16-03-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have the E-Lites electronic cig for two weeks now but ive noticed recently its not working as well as it should. Even with a full charge and a new filter in situ its doesn't give a good drag / pull. Sometimes its as good as a normal cig but after one or two drags it looses its momentum and feels like smoking air. Does this happen to anyone else, is it a common problem or is the cig broken??

Many Thanks
    (2 weeks off them now, want to keep it going)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Sorry mate,

Elites aren't the best. Have a look at this thread and buy something a little better; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339286
    510 T's or Ego T's are a good model to use, avoid anything that's trying to look like a real ciggy - they tend to have the poorest performance.

I know you've probably spent a good bit already but considering the amount you'll save on fags in the long run an additional purchase won't seem so bad...

Good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah basically what mrplop said. the cigarette looking models are often very expensive and either very bad, or just not great.
    if you want more detailed suggestions on what to get instead (prob cost somewhere in the region of 45-60) just post again and I'll do up a list.

or just this..
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/dual-coil-cartomizer-starter-p-96.html

these are clear dual coil cartomisers, im personally not a fan of the clears as they can be a bit "delicate" and after theyve been filled a couple of times the filler inside looks absolutely disgusting. but it's cheap enough and I *think* qualifies for free shipping. replacement cartomisers generally cost from between 1.60-2 euro and a carto will most likely last you at least 4-5 days to a week.
    little bit more complicated than the cigarette looking models,but quite a bit cheaper overall and better in terms of flavour/vapour/battery life. one of the batteries in this kit oughta last you a day or two off a single charge, depending obviously on how often you're toking away at it.
    once you have that, you have the most common batteries.. so if you want to try something else in the future it'll be simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

was chatting to a friend today who said he got some off a company called green smoke.com They are available in a disposable form as a one off buy to test from my local shop so i might give them a bash to see what they are like. he said they are quiet strong but im worried that will be his version of strong (benson and hedges smoker) vs my version of strong (marlboro lights).

They are is such an array of brands and types out there, I didnt realise, where does one begin to decide what is the right one to go with?? I definitely do not want anything sented or flavoured anyway.

Any particular guidance or advice where to start. had a look at the above website but my god them clear pipe looking things do not look appealing at all. they look filthy all together..

Anyway any guidance will be appreciated ...

Regards
    Subscriber

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

these things are similar to the clear dual coils, but you cant see the filler inside. sturdier too.

or something like this
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-ego-c-starter-kit/prod_230.html

if you want to go for one of the cigarette looking models, it's your money. but the battery will last **** all time and the general performance won't be anywhere near as good as an ego battery kit. if you can try your friends and you like it then go for it, if it works for you then it works for you.. just be sure to keep spare batteries on you at all time as they will run out on you.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

these things are similar to the clear dual coils, but you cant see the filler inside. sturdier too.

or something like this
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-ego-c-starter-kit/prod_230.html

if you want to go for one of the cigarette looking models, it's your money. but the battery will last **** all time and the general performance won't be anywhere near as good as an ego battery kit. if you can try your friends and you like it then go for it, if it works for you then it works for you.. just be sure to keep spare batteries on you at all time as they will run out on you.

No I don't necessarily want a cigarette type looking one, just that paticular one didnt look too apealing. That been said, the other ones u suggested dont look half bad. Its all about staying off the fags at the end of the day.

Any chance u could explain to me what the difference between the liquid and the cartomizer ones is? Is one more effective than the other??

• Advertisement

if you dont mind waiting until tomorrow I can explain then, im barely staying awake to watch something and i'm pretty close to just calling it quits and going to bed

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77444414&postcount=3

i wrote this a while back, might help you a bit until the morning.
    the first two links are examples of cartomisers, the ego-c is an atomiser with a tank system.
    any questions after that just post them here and either someone will answer , or I'll answer in the morning

actually i think the post above answers your questions.. neither is more effective thhan the other, it's down to personal preference.
    the ego-c and biansi imist are new tank systems which supposedly dealt with the problems of the ego-t (i say supposedly because I haven't used them, not because i'm suspicious) in terms of leaking.

video review here of the ego-c. a lot of it you probably dont really need to know, but it does show the finished product so you get an idea for what it will look like. near the beginning he shows how to assemble it and near the end he goes into the flavour/vapour etc etc and gives it an overall review.

cartomisers are pretty straightforward. you just wet the filler with juice (dual coils hold more juice than boges, so the boge needs to be refilled a bit more often.. but the boge is a little better for flavour)

video here from the same guy about the boge cartos and the dual coils. should mention, when he says he tried the "ego tank" he means the ego-t, not the ego-c in the video above. as you saw above, he did quite like the ego-c. some of what he says probably isn't relevant to a new vaper like yourself, but you'll get a general idea at least.

if you decide on a prefrence for either, I can do up a little order list for you so you know exactly what you'll need.

ok I have a much better grasp of what the kind of vaping is available and how it all works now. I think I will want to go with the cartomizers as they seem the more sensible option. I don't fancy the sound of the tank system with reports of leaking ect..

So I looked at the starter kits on the best shop website but they seem to only sell the tank systems, correct me if I am wrong?

Also I'm far from a heavy smoker and was smoking about 30 cigs per week on average. So do you think u could recommend a starter cartomizer kit for me??

I won't need anything massive in size as I won't be relying very heavily on it. I could picture roughly 20 mins of vaping per day to get me over the hump..

Anything else I need to know in terms of extra accessories to get or what nicotine level to buy would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards
    Subscriber

http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/joye-ego-t-battery-all-types-/prod_192.html

well if you're pretty sure you won't be a heavy vaper, I can happily reccomend thew 650mah batteries. I'd generally reccomend 900mah to new vapers as the 650 would require charging a bit too often if you're gonna be vaping all day.. and the 1000mah is like.. ****ing long, can be kinda off putting for someone moving from cigarettes to holding something of that size.
    but if you dont think you'll be at it too often, 650mah will do fine. you can decide yourself whether or not youll need two batteries, they will take 3-4 hours to charge and I normally always reccomend two but like I said.. if you dont see yourself vaping constantly.. maybe one will do you

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/spare-parts-for-joye-ego/fast-usb-charger-for-joye-ego/tornado/eco-ego/riva/prod_111.html
    charger for the battery

http://www.thebestshop.eu/accessories/mains-to-usb-adaptor/prod_60.html
    adapter so you can plug the charger into a mains socket instead of the computers usb

the dual coil cartomiser.. slightly hotter vape, kind of ... harsher isn't the right word, probably better to say the boge cartos are mellower.

the boge cartos. dont hold as much juice as the dual coils, so you'll have to top off a bit more often. flavour is a bit improved

i'd say you're as well getting 2 of each, just so you can test them out. it's normally a good idea to have a small stash of unused cartomisers as they are so cheap and so new that it's still possible to get some duds in an order. While you generally oughta get a week (or more, depending on your vaping habits) out of a single carto.. it's possible to get one that craps out after 2 days.. or even one that works, but underperforms from the get go. it's just something you have to deal with when you vape with cartomisers, but they're so cheap it's not the biggest issue.

now the juices..
    I suppose I could reccomend the 12mg for you? I just about never reccomend a strength this low for a new vaper, but if you were that light a smoker.. maybe it'll work. and if it doesn't it's no hassle to either vape for a bit longer to be satisfied, or to just order a bottle of 18mg. honestly, maybe get 1 bottle of 12mg and 1 bottle of 18mg.. im sure it's possible for a new vaper to be satisfied by a 12mg vape but.. I dunno. I just about always reccomend 18mg to beginners as the higher nicotine strength of the juice gives it more of a kick in the throat when you're inhaling which can be important for new-vapers as it simulates the cigarette experience even more.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/standard-eliquid-pg-/-vg/10ml-eliquid-pg/prod_99.html
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/liqua-eliquid/cat_40.html

i'd reccomend getting a couple of 10ml bottles to start off with, just to avoid getting a 30/50ml bottle of something from the starty and then deciding that you hate it.
    from the standard (dekang) liquids... deluxe tobacco,winston/wensten,marlboro (usa mix) are pretty nice tobacco-ish juices. youll never find a juice that tastes like a cigarette, it's next to impossible to makea juice that tastes of burning plant and paper.

the liqua juices come pretty highly reccomended, i liked their coffee and tirimasu flavours and the traditional tobacco was pretty good too.

once you've kinda settled on what juices you like, you can look around the web for other juices to try if you want to. irishvapers.ie have a new selection of "white label" juices, i've only tried the one but it was pretty nice. and there are about 5 million + 1 american/uk/eastern european juice websites around too

Cheers man, thanks for putting in the work to help me decide. Ill get ordering now ill be vaping in no time.. :)How quick are they to deliver, could they be a week or more??

• Advertisement

nah, next day post from most/all irish sites if you order before 2-3pm afaik.

although obviously it might be 2 days depending on the post office wherever you live, but 99% of the time it's next day.

oh, discount code of IRISHVAPE
    10% off

video here showingn a dude filling a cartomiser

it's not difficult, although I guess the first few times can be confusing. It's a good idea to keep the cartomisers wet too, not flooded but damp. so after you've been vaping for a while, drop in a little juice. you'll get the feel for when it needs it quickly enough.

excellent, looking forward to it now. All ordered just there so hopefully will come quickly.. 2 weeks off them now and if the vape works, ill never need another fag again hopefully... Fingers crossed. Cheers for all the help. Ill let ya know how i get on with them..

good stuff
    any questions when you get them you know where to find us :)

So I have finally have my new e-cig and inevitably I have a few comments / questions...

So in the end I got the 650mh battery, 3 bogue cartos and three tank cartos so I could try out both.. and three flavours of juice.

SO I began by filling the tank carto with the condom method. It seemed to work well and i added a few drips in the top as well to be sure before attaching my drip tip. I did note there was all ready a bit of leakage but nothing major. On firing it up the first thing I noticed was how strong and harsh the throat hit was. Very strong for me at 11mg tobacco flavoured juice.

I then filled the bogue carto also using the condom method and appying a few drops in the top, this time added strawberry flavour juice which was much nicer flavour but still quiet strong and rough on the throat.

Questions:

I found that I frequently am getting juice on my tongue and in my throat when I take the first few drags? Is this normal?

The strength of the throat hit feels more similar to smoking cardboard out of a metal pipe as opposed to a cigerette, I wonder is this down to the device being new and needing to be broken in or something else? (it is very strong and cuts the back of the throat)

At the moment I am just attaching my carto directly onto the battery and the tip then on to the carto, is that correct or is there something else that goes between the carto and the battery. Only wondering as the carto gets very hot when I have taken a few drags?

Cheers!!

subscriber wrote: »
    So I have finally have my new e-cig and inevitably I have a few comments / questions...

So in the end I got the 650mh battery, 3 bogue cartos and three tank cartos so I could try out both.. and three flavours of juice.

SO I began by filling the tank carto with the condom method. It seemed to work well and i added a few drips in the top as well to be sure before attaching my drip tip. I did note there was all ready a bit of leakage but nothing major. On firing it up the first thing I noticed was how strong and harsh the throat hit was. Very strong for me at 11mg tobacco flavoured juice.

I then filled the bogue carto also using the condom method and appying a few drops in the top, this time added strawberry flavour juice which was much nicer flavour but still quiet strong and rough on the throat.

Questions:

I found that I frequently am getting juice on my tongue and in my throat when I take the first few drags? Is this normal?

The strength of the throat hit feels more similar to smoking cardboard out of a metal pipe as opposed to a cigerette, I wonder is this down to the device being new and needing to be broken in or something else? (it is very strong and cuts the back of the throat)

At the moment I am just attaching my carto directly onto the battery and the tip then on to the carto, is that correct or is there something else that goes between the carto and the battery. Only wondering as the carto gets very hot when I have taken a few drags?

Cheers!!

its possible it will just take you time to get used to vaping. when i first got my lavatube and dialed it up to 5volts I had a coughing fit my first vape, but after a while using it I just got used to it.
    with the tank atty

might help

someone else might have a better idea 11mg strawberry in particular shouldn't cut the throat off you, i've used that juice at that strength and never noticed anything like that. I suppose it's possible you underfilled the carto and you're getting a slight burning taste which would be kinda harsh? but if it's spitting at you that doesnt make sense.

if you're getting juice on your mouth from a cartomiser it probably means you overfilled it, stick a bit of paper towel or tissue paper in the top to mop up the juice pooled up at the top. its best to leave the cartomiser alone for a few seconds when you're dropping juice in the top so it can soak in, otherwise you can get that spitting you described.

yeah thats all there is, carto into battery. cartomisers tend to run hot although i cant say I noticed boges getting that hot unless i was seriously punishing them are you taking real long hard drags one after another? that might explain the harshness too

one very quick question, i did mention I smoked a light brand of cigrette before, if I were to get a lesser mg juice, would that decrease the amount of throat hit that is delivered of just the amount of nicotine in the juice?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

One thing I would say about the boge catomizers in particular, is to leave them for a while to soak at least half an hour. I know SDCC, will disagree with me on this one, but in my experience a higher ohm carto gives a more mellow vape, particularly so with fruity flavours.

Re: gurgling / spitting I agree with SDCC, you probably have too much juice in carto.

it would yeah, but 11mg shouldn't be giving a massive throathit anyway. i dont think light cigarettes are much easier on the throat than regular, they're just "healthier" as they have less tar in them

no harm in trying a 6mg anyway but it'll be tuesday before you get any in the post, keep vaping the 11 and see if you get used to it. it might just seem like too much as you're new to it or someone else might post and say they experienced something similar and know what's going on

Advertisement