Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official ULSU Elections 2012 Thread

Options
  • 15-03-2012 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

This is a list of the candidates for UL Students' Union elections at close of nominations on Thursday 15 March 2012.

Elections will take place on Thursday 22 March.

As manifestos are issued, feel free to discuss your choice of candidate and why. Some (to be honest, not very many) of the candidates have boards.ie accounts and may reply, although I suspect most of them may well be too busy campaigning in real life™. As usual, If you are campaigning for a candidate or are a candidate, I expect you to declare that interest if posting. This will be done on the honour system, though in the interest of fairness I will point the finger at anyone who disregards this - for anyone who aims to deceive there's a good chance you'll be found out and I'll point the finger loudly (and probably forum ban for the duration). Any attempt to sock puppet will get a loud and public slap. Let people know your connection in your first post and there shouldn't be a problem - actually I'd like to see campaigners posting. Accusations of undeclared interest should not be made on-thread as it'll derail any discussion, use the report post button and I'll look at it (I'm quite good at spotting shills).

If candidates have a webpage and let me know, I'll edit in one link per candidate to an official webpage, bebo or facebook page (one per candidate) if they let me know by PM at any point during the week. I've been informed that the voting webpage will include details of the candidates for each position but I assume that most candidates will also have their own web or facebook page.

Additionally I will include details of any blogs declared as independent if I'm informed of them.

I'll add any other relevant/necessary details to posts I'll insert immediately below this one. Note that if you want to get replies to this thread sent to you instantly by email, click the "Follow thread" button on the top right of the screen.

Now the rules are out of the way, here are your candidates:

President:
    Eamon Horgan
    Adam moursy
    Dave Hartery

Education:
    Paddy Rockett
    Jackie Woods

Welfare:
    Kelly O Brien
    Cathal Ronan
    William Jennings

Now that official candidates are released I've asked Spectre to close the other thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭lorcanthrope

Wish I was still around for this. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'd support David and Kelly if if was still there. Best of luck to all - you're in for a hell of a week - except Paddy, you should be used to it by now :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

That list is incorrect.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77615612&postcount=575 is what was announced at the close of nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Helps if the lists of names are right (the above aren't). Starting off on an accurate footing is best, despite presumed good intentions.

I'll start a new thread with the correct names, where the mod warnings will also come from someone who can enforce them:) Five minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement