Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for the Academic Officer

Options
  • 15-03-2012 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello all, Noel here (MISU Vice President/Academic Officer in case you're wondering!)

I just thought I would start this thread so students can throw out any academic queries they may want answered. It always seemed like a good idea on the UL forum (remember that place?! :))

Anyway, if anybody has any academic queries, fire ahead and I will hopefully be able to answer them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi MISU VP. You need to contact reps@boards.ie if you want to post on behalf on the SU. Please do not post again until they have given you a Verified Rep Account.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Presumably this thread can now be resurrected?

MISU is always asked various questions about academia in Mary I so with the results getting closer if anybody has any academic queries, fire ahead and we'll hopefully be able to answer them!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

It can of course. Stick with the official account to answer them :)

I've a question for the academic officer! Was any progress made on changing grade rechecks so that lecturers have to do more than add numbers together, or ensure that they wrote 'B1' correctly?

dambarude wrote: »
    I've a question for the academic officer! Was any progress made on changing grade rechecks so that lecturers have to do more than add numbers together, or ensure that they wrote 'B1' correctly?

Yes. We got that changed at the end of last year. It was a slow process as we had to change it through UL since we're academically linked.

Lectureres are now meant to review the entire script and then regrade it, although it could be with the same grade.

If a student is still not happy with this they can apply for a Grade Appeal, which sees the script going to the Head of Dept, who will then review it.

• Advertisement

That's great, good work :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The college is going to fall apart without you guys. Amazing work!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

Hey just a quick question! I was looking at the breakdown of my grades on the lan and I'm not happy with the grade I got for an assignment I did for IT. Is there anything that I can do to get it rechecked?

Hi brid_m

You can get your grade for the module re-checked. You can also view your script. The necessary forms can be found through the following link:

http://www.mic.ul.ie/adminservices/studentservices/Pages/AccessingExamResults.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

Fab thanks a mil guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement