Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Reclaim Your Life Day

Options
  • 15-03-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

You know how they used Ash Wednesday as a launch pad for National Quit Smoking day? Well, why don't they use St Patrick's Day as a springboard for quitting the quare stuff? It's such a huge day in the Irish calendar and one of the biggest, if not THE biggest drinking day of the year and I think the significant date would appeal to people thinking of quitting.

I don't think I have ever seen any 'official' (non-religious) drives to encourage folk to quit, come to think of it. The Vintners Association probably put an end to any ideas of that sort, so far anyway.

Thoughts anyone? Head, brick wall, maybe? Or worth trying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Not a bad idea to have a national day for not drinking, But cant see that happening and especially not on St patrick's day,To much politics and money caught up in the drink industry and lets not forget one of the biggest tourism attractions is the guinness hopstore and our lovely lively pubs.

Advertisement