Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo advice

Options
  • 15-03-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

As the title suggests I'm looking for advice on a tattoo, not the design but who to tattoo me.

I'm looking to get three flowers done snowdrops in particular and I was wondering who people would recommend for this piece of work in the Dublin region.

I'm sure flowers are a pretty generic tattoo but I would like mine to be really well done (as would anyone) I've looked at some portfolios on the snakebite website but several artists seem to be leaving.

I would like my tattoo to look delicate if that makes sense but quite a few of the flower tattoos I've seen have been big and bold.

Also as a newbie to the tattoo world any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Off the top of my head, if you want photorealistic work, Remis & Jani are top of the game in Ireland. (if you're interested in Remis, check my signature)
    HOWEVER, I will say that while Jani can produce some genuinely jaw-dropping work, I've also seen stuff by him that I found almost offensively average for someone of his ability.
    You could also try Woyt in Wildcat Jervis, who does excellent work in a wide range of styles.

I'm sure there'll be some other artist suggestions soon :)

You said you're a newbie to the tattoo world - there's very little advice to give. Just be sure with what you want, don't be afraid to walk away or postpone if you've any doubts or feel something isn't right.
    Also, pick an artist with a good reputation and portfolio, and make sure you meet them in person and that they seem interested in your idea.
    Don't take any alcohol or unnecessary medication before the appointment, and make sure to have had a good meal beforehand. Also bring some food and drinks in with you - sugar levels kind of need to be kept high (as far as I'm aware, at least!) as if they dip the pain can get more noticable.
    Don't be afraid to bring a friend - it'll probably help as they'll take your mind off the tattooing going on.

However, the pain isn't as severe as you're probably expecting, so don't worry too much :)

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shannone

Hi Jimmy thanks for the advice, will check out those profiles. Hopefully I'll like the look of something and book an appointment with some one next time I'm in Dublin and get the ball rolling. :D

Advertisement