Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New career advice

Options
  • 14-03-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Im a bit stuck in my career and want a change desperately.
    I'm out of school nearly 20 years and working in the catering industry.
    It has been good to me so far financially but I don't find it fulfilling anymore, I also hate the hours.
    I'm very confused as to what career to choose as I don't want to study something I won't get a good job out of.
    I love the outdoors but worry about employment and wages in this area.
    So what should I be looking at?
    It will have to be a part time course
    What are the top 5 industries for employment and reasonable pay?
    Thanx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jeuneloup

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Im a bit stuck in my career and want a change desperately.
    It has been good to me so far financially but I don't find it fulfilling anymore

I have been in your shoes and I know what it feels like to have a career that is not fulfilling. Last year I was going to give up my job despite of recession and good pay. I eventually didn't as it turned out that there was much more behind my decision. I did not figure it out myself. I went to a really good life coach. You see there are certain reasons why some jobs are good for us and some just do not feel right. I stayed in this company but now I understand why and I know how to enjoy the job. I am not saying that this will be the case for you. We are all different. In my case it saved me a silly move that I would have made otherwise. It felt really scary facing that decision and a new career choice is never easy.
    I would advise coaching as it did the trick for me. I didn't feel I was on my own with the dilemma :) PM if you want any more info or sth. Good luck.

Advertisement