Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can i do if i don't get my distinction ?

Options
  • 14-03-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Im doing a level 5 fetac laboratory science course "CASLT", im pretty good in most of the modules except for maths ! im really bad at maths and i need a distinction in maths to get into dit as it is a minimum requirement for the course i want , i will pass maths , i might get a merit but a distinction might be out of my grasp , my question is what can i do if i dont get the distinction , will i have to repeat the whole course for just the one module ? is there any other options for me? and i cant substitute my leaving cert maths grade either cause i only got a D3 in ordinary , if anyone could give me some information on what options i have i would really appreciate it ,thanks :P
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cathleencp

I don’t mean to discourage you but do you think you will be able for the maths in DIT. There are reasons for theses minimum requirements for courses and if you are having great difficulty at FETAC Level 5 maths then it may cause you problems later in if you get into DIT. Good luck with it in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 seanmc992

Im ok at maths , just i didnt pay much attention at the start of the year and as a result didnt get the best of marks in about 3 tests , iv gotten a distinction in the last two and now i only have the end of year test , im sure ill get a merit overall but it might be too late to make up the marks i lost at the beginning of the year to get a distinction , so now im wondering if i do miss out on the distinction will i have to repeat the whole course or can i just repeat the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

DIT may require that you complete all the modules in one sitting. I would suggest that you speak to your Maths Teacher and see whether a distinction is a possibility.

Advertisement