Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java certification

Options
  • 13-03-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was about to start studying for the Oracle Java Professional exam in SE6 through the FAS ecollege (exam 1Z0-851). However, they said that they will begin doing the SE7 courses soon, although they can't give me a date when I can begin. Also with SE7 you have to do the Associate exam first before doing the Professional one, but not so with SE6.
    So I'm thinking will I just do the SE6 Professional one and then maybe upgrade in a year or two if I want? It could be a couple of months before I can even begin the SE7 one anyway.

Also, would this improve my chances of getting a Java programming job? I have development experience in C++ but not Java, however most jobs seem to be in Java.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Advertisement