Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

letter of permision

Options
  • 13-03-2012 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

letter of permision
    Hi I would like to ask, how write letter for permission to photograph bands,gigs or venues. I wrote something like this, could you tell me is that correct? thank you

adress line1
    adress line2

Midas Productions
    Baggot St
    Dublin 1

10/12/10

Dear

I am a freelance photographer working independently to promote artists and venues and would like to photograph acts in your premises. These photographs would be used for promotional purposes on an entertainment website. There would be no charge to you for this promotion. If you are willing to facilitate this, please let me know.

Yours faithfully

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I've no experience but my guess would be photo or call into the venue if possible. It makes it a lot more personal and if you're chatting to a person it's easier to ignore or just reply no via letter to someone you've never met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 atutka1

so you think, the best way is ask personally, its true. but sometimes its hard to make contact with manager and easy way is sent the email. so do you know how to ask for letter of permission for freelance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

atutka1 wrote: »
    so you think, the best way is ask personally, its true. but sometimes its hard to make contact with manager and easy way is sent the email. so do you know how to ask for letter of permission for freelance?

Really depends on what type of gigs though. If it's bigger ones, hmmm... You need contacts to get a press pass. Smaller ones just get in touch with the band or promoter on facebook or myspace and ask there.
    Most will be delighted. And then you work your way up to the big ones, (rarely if ever getting paid btw - i hope you're not in this for the money!).

When you say you're doing it for an entertainment website, why not just get them to arrange it for you? Would sound a lot more professional imho.

Advertisement