Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I took a gap year after Uni, can I claim jobseekers allowance now I am back in Irelan

Options
  • 13-03-2012 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

It is my first time signing on. I really didn;t know much about all this benefits stuff. I don't want to be a scrounger. But I am like a super weak woman.

I know usually they want you to sign on ASAP. But it has been nearly 5 months since I am back home at parents. Sent out loads of cvs, even for minimum wage positions. I want to move to Dublin, find a flatshare, look for entry level positions in my field (BA Grad) and hopefully get the jobseekers allowance while I do so. Is it possible?

Also, I have terrible anxiety and problems with depression (as well as light aspergers/add). I would like to claim for disability but I know it is really hard to get for mental disorders (although it affects me terribly, very isolating, anxiety nightmares at night, the works). What can I do?

I have been in a domestic abuse circumstance. Will there be supports for me if I move to a new city? I am not in the best state alltogether really but people are pretty ruthless. I do not want to end up homeless.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement