Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of ireland update details call

Options
  • 13-03-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Got a call earlier on saying it was from bank of ireland looking to update my details. im pretty ill at the moment and had just woken up so went along with the call took it at face value, just looking for e-mail adress and to confirm my mobile number and what i was doing because i hadn't updated my account manually, (it went to a third level account) but there were no details such as pin numbers exchanged, that wouldve set alarm bells off now just now im thinking of it it seems strange. anyone else got these? Plus anyone know a BOI number i could ring about this, i keep being put through to somewhere i need some digits of online banking PIN(which i don't have)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

at first it sounds like a scam but at the same time i have had these calls from my bank before too. i dont understand them really, calling from private numbers looking for personal details while telling you to be wary of phishing!

usually when you call telephone banking lines there will be a support option where you can speak to someone without entering details (there is with aib and with ub its a separate number). failing that i would suggest contacting your branch - http://www.bankofireland.com/contact-us/branch-locator/ if in doubt in relation to whether the call was genuine or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

got one of these calls recently, same as you, had a third level account and they wanted to know if i was still a student

they are just looking to see if you are still studying or not because you can have up to 2 years free banking from when you graduate but after that you have to pay fees like any current account

so no need to worry

Advertisement