Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIR 3000 Class Belfast - Dublin?

Options
  • 13-03-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭

I was waiting at Malahide Station on Sunday morning when I noticed a NIR 3000 Class heading into Dublin. I thought all cross-border services were run by the Enterprise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

V_Moth wrote: »
    I was waiting at Malahide Station on Sunday morning when I noticed a NIR 3000 Class heading into Dublin. I thought all cross-border services were run by the Enterprise?

Normally it's a 201 & De Dietrich set but occasionally due to a failure it may be a 3K set. It may also have been an extra service run due to the rugby on Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

lord lucan wrote: »
    Normally it's a 201 & De Dietrich set but occasionally due to a failure it may be a 3K set. It may also have been an extra service run due to the rugbyon Saturday afternoon.

Thanks. The rugby match does seem the most likely reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Good point except the rugby match was on Saturday, lads ;)

Occassionally, security alerts or engineering work on the line across the border may close off the line, resulting in trapped Enterprise sets in Belfast. When this is the case, a 3000 set may be sent south in lieu if one is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Good point except the rugby match was on Saturday, lads ;)

It was a late afternoon game so many may have stayed the night resulting in bigger booked numbers for Sundays trains.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

lord lucan wrote: »
    It was a late afternoon game so many may have stayed the night resulting in bigger booked numbers for Sundays trains.:p

Except there wasn't any run on the Sunday :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement