Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saint Patricks Day on TV3

Options
  • 13-03-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭

Good to see TV3 celebrating St Patricks Day this Saturday with a feast of English programming.
    • Britains Got Talent,
    • Britains Got More Talent,
    • Coronation Street,
    • Accidents Can Happen,
    • Over The Rainbow,
    • Over The Rainbow Results,
    • Coronation Street Omnibus,
    • The Cube,
    • All Star Mr And Mrs and
    • The Graham Norton Show taking up most of the days offerings.

Their 5 minute news bulletin ain't going to capture much parade coverage. While only
    • Family Fortunes,
    • Take Me Out and
    • repeats of Ireland AM is only the Irish output.
    Surely they could do better especially on such an 'Irish day', but we're so used to seeing more British shows on the channel anyway. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If there were Irish shows that were any good....they would probably show them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,156 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Graham Norton is Irish.

Nothing wrong with that line up. They know what gets viewers and aren't going to change that just because it's St. Patrick's day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTE have exclusive rights for tele-video transmission of gombeens on tractors and freezing children wearing American marching attire in midland towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I so horrified by the lack of parade coverage I'm going out getting on with my life on purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,685 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TV3 = ITV lite, what did anyone expect? Absolutely zero in that lineup that I'd ever watch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭squonk

zerks wrote: »
    TV3 = ITV lite, what did anyone expect? Absolutely zero in that lineup that I'd ever watch anyway.

ITV could never come up with the likes of Vinnie Brown! That's the only show I watch though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Any good films on? Then again it is a Saturday so don't think there be much of a difference on the TV Shows. Six Nations Rugby is the only thing worth watching me thinks other than the odd show as scheduled between TV3 and RTE1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Although they do have Daniel O'Donnell live from Nashville and Brendan Grace again if you missed it xmas eve on Monday night, so all is forgiven :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Well, Saint Patrick was born in Britain. :)

Yes indeed, St Patrick was born in Britain, Wales to be precise!

Oh no not Daniel O'Donnell ugh. Brendan Grace is good. Could laugh at his jokes no bother.

So I am guessing no decent films on that day...probably just pop to the local parade and go on a session that evening otherwise it be a very boring day. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

RTE's will be the same as their New Year's Eve offering, only with more green. It seems that Ireland is the only country in the world that doesn't know how to celebrate St Paddy's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

TV3 is the worst channel of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

maybe they should just livestream finglas and hope the best, or worst depending if you're tv3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They'll be competing against Ireland vs England rugby game on RTE/BBC so we can all guess what channel will be on in most homes & all pubs that evening.
    Imagine turning on Family Fortunes just as Ireland are heading for the English try line:eek:

The parade and the rugby been the only decent thing on so far today and for tonight U2 and the saturday night show are the only decent things on tonight. Films very bad this year, probably most people gone out or doing their own thing for st paddy's night. Tv3 is better than RTE sometimes but depends varies on what programmes are showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Paddy Doherty's crew versus Luke Flanagan's in Family Fortunes..... great to see a decent man won..... :)

Advertisement