Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Bailey Grand Canal theatre

Options
  • 13-03-2012 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

i just posted this on toutless and thought i may as well share it here...

... got tix today for Bill Bailey in the Grand Canal theatre May 31st by signing up to that new bord gais rewards crap.
    there was no generic password its a randomly generated one so cant post it here - but if you have any bills with them, worth signing up cos dearest tix €39 (inc. all the stupid charges) and cheapest €29. i think the dearest seats for his last o2 gig were €80 so its (comparitively at least) a bargain. presale lasts till midnight tues. I got my tix lunchtime and still got front row so i dont think too many folks bothered signing up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Hey - are you selling these tickets? I would love to go to this, but I'm not with Bord Gais...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Good alert, tried to sign up and it insists upon a 10 digit account number, my account numbers are 9 digits, thanks for the confusion Bord Gais.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Good alert, tried to sign up and it insists upon a 10 digit account number, my account numbers are 9 digits, thanks for the confusion Bord Gais.

Just checked mine there. My acc number is 10 digits.

Fizman wrote: »
    Just checked mine there. My acc number is 10 digits.

Show off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Have been trying to register for this but it will accept neither my Electricity A/C details or my Gas details.

Shot them off an email though to see what the craic is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Would be willing to buy 2 off anyone. Not with BG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

You have to call it the Bord Gais Energy Theatre now!!

(kinda rolls off the tongue doesn't it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Hmm, I wonder if my prepay gas card has an account number...

Great tip OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

you're not an ITK with bord gais :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Thanks OP, just got 2 tickets in central seats 6 rows from the front :) 35euro each with 4 euro each reservation fee (TicketB4sterd) so came to 78eur total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

I think you can avoid all the Bord Gais hassle by just going here for fan club presale: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/j6yt13 Seems to be the same price, presume this would work, its free to join the fan club so I see no harm in posting the link

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

nicker_s wrote: »
    I think you can avoid all the Bord Gais hassle by just going here for fan club presale: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/j6yt13 Seems to be the same price, presume this would work, its free to join the fan club so I see no harm in posting the link

Many thanks nicker_s! Got two center seats close to the front! It's funny how the link works even for people not in the fan club!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got mine yesterday through the rewards
    Went on sale around 12pm
    Front row seats too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

For a minute there I thought these were free :( then I got a double bummer when I realised i won't be in the country anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Put a zero in front of the nine numbers

Are the tickets sent by email or by post do you know? The reason I ask is because I have a week left in my current apartment, so obviously wouldn't like the idea of them getting posted here once I'm gone.

thomasm wrote: »

Or else at the end. Mine begins with a non-zero, but ends with a zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

Thanks OP.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Fizman wrote: »
    Are the tickets sent by email or by post do you know? The reason I ask is because I have a week left in my current apartment, so obviously wouldn't like the idea of them getting posted here once I'm gone.

You can choose print outs or posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Is this still available?
    Went through the registering process but am only being offered Chicago or South Pacific options. No mention of Bill Bailey bar the tweet nonsense at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Is this still available?
    Went through the registering process but am only being offered Chicago or South Pacific options. No mention of Bill Bailey bar the tweet nonsense at the top.
    I just used the "fan club pre-sale" link on the last page

cheers for that!

thomasm wrote: »

Didn't work, booo urns. Emailed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

Didn't work, booo urns. Emailed them.

There's no need. They went on general sale yesterday so anyone can buy them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I tried to get some yesterday when they were released for general sale at 9am. It said there were no tickets available. I assumed they were sold out, but went on again today and there's still some there.

SteM wrote: »
    There's no need. They went on general sale yesterday so anyone can buy them now.

Wasn't actually interested in the tickets, presume there will be future offers which is why I was trying to sign up. I had assumed they were discounted too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 niallmc

i have 2 tix for this but can't go - anyone interested? face value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

niallmc wrote: »
    i have 2 tix for this but can't go - anyone interested? face value

face value - is it 25/person or 35/person?
    how is the seating?

face value - is it 25/person or 35/person?
    how is the seating?
    €35 - row k
    ta

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

niallmc wrote: »
    €35 - row k
    ta

I went to buy these to surprise my fiancée and they are sold out! if your happy to sell them ill get them off you :)

• Advertisement

Log-on wrote: »
    I went to buy these to surprise my fiancée and they are sold out! if your happy to sell them ill get them off you :)
    pm received and replied to - tix gone

Advertisement