Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lump on piercing

Options
  • 12-03-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I realised asking for medical advice on a forum is usually not allowed. But this is not a request for medical advice. I am not asking what to do in my situation... I am going to the piercers tomorrow to get it looked at, regardless of what people say. However, just to expand my own knowledge on the subject of piercings, I wanted to post on here.

I just removed a staple bar from the back of my neck and the skin where the bar was is noticably raised. Is this "lump" normal with piercings?

Again, I am not asking for medical advice, I just want to know if it a typical reaction to removing a piercing. (eg slightly stretched skin from where the bar was inserted)

This is interesting to me, as I was considering getting more piercings in other, more noticeable areas. However a lump, even if temporary, would be a deciding factor, if for example I was to get an eyebrow piercing or something similar.

Sorry if this is slightly disorganised. But basically my question is, is a lump in the area of a removed piercing normal? Temporarily or permanently...

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The few piercings I've taken out have had lumps. Either just from the holes of the piercing or the fistula being pushed out (hand webbing, totes nasty).
    I'm sure it'll disappear in a whileen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Make sure you are still regularly soaking the piercing with salt saline-solution. Any lumps/bumps I've had on piercings usually go after a while so long as I make sure I'm soaking them.
    So long as it's not sore all the time or oozing puss, it sounds fine.
    Going to the piercers is a good idea though- always best to be sure and put your mind at rest. :)

Advertisement