Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting a mortgage,advice needed

Options
  • 12-03-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I am getting married in the summer. My wife to be has a mortgage already, however we would like to self build on my father's farm. I should be able to afford a mortgage on my own so should I push ahead and try and get a mortgage approved with the bank without mentioning my future wife's mortgage? I am worried that if I disclose her situation we would not get approved as she is in negative equity, although she can still afford her mortgage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

patsman07 wrote: »
    I am getting married in the summer. My wife to be has a mortgage already, however we would like to self build on my father's farm. I should be able to afford a mortgage on my own so should I push ahead and try and get a mortgage approved with the bank without mentioning my future wife's mortgage? I am worried that if I disclose her situation we would not get approved as she is in negative equity, although she can still afford her mortgage.

Pushing ahead and doing it in your own right prior to getting married will be the cleanest and most hassle free way of applying

Advertisement