Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bolt : Opinions?

Options
  • 12-03-2012 10:36pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/62-the-bolt

I've been desperately waiting for the v2 of the lavatube to come out before I decide on a VV system, but in an attempt to kerb my lust for a mod to do me till then, I think I've discovered a bargain....

What do people think of that? At €60 for the kit, I think it's a good deal, considering you get the two tanks, 5 dccs and the batteries and a charger?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just started watching it now, figured i wouldnt wait ti post it in here

will post thoughts after i finish :)
    it looks like a non variable mod though, seems to just be a larger battery mod.

--edit

no protection?
    danger will robinson, danger
    youll wanna make sure your batteries are protected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

It's not regulated voltage so whilst it be great off the charge, the performance will dip during the battery life.

Ya could get a few batteries and change over when neccesary, probably better off with an eGo battery than that which is regulated at 3.3v and get some low res atties or just buy a decent repairable for that matter.

Tbh i don't and never had a mechanical mod but makes sense to me to have a mod that is regulated and ask about all the technical stuff before buying.

if you're desperate for a high volt mod, maybe look into a 5v box mod?
    i dont kjnow how expensive they are but surely you could get a decent one reasonably cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

if you're desperate for a high volt mod, maybe look into a 5v box mod?
    i dont kjnow how expensive they are but surely you could get a decent one reasonably cheap

I have this one, 14500 Box mod.
    3 Voltages regulated at 3.7, 4.2 and 5 and if all 3 switches are down ya can have 8v lol.

Using protected batteries.
    3 amp limit.

Very good value, thought mine had died but it's still going strong.

http://ukvapers.com/topic/8264-trio-boxmods-multi-voltage/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I think this might have just been gear lust(must have must have) and i just spotted it on my travels.

I dislike the way the performance would drop off over time, i guess with the evo batteries just dying at a certain point is a good point of them.

• Advertisement

aye
    plus for the price of the bolt you could get 2-3 1100mah ego batteries, and they probably would take up less space in your pocket :)

Advertisement