Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Log - Multiples Only

Options
  • 12-03-2012 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

So i'm going to place one bet made up of some multiples each day to the value of around a tenner (Limited budget due to very limited wages!:eek:)

Day 1
    12/03/2012 Lucky 15 Each-Way Total cost = €9.90

Sprinter Sacre @ 10/11 (GP) 14:05 RACING POST ARKLE CHASE 2m

Hurricane Fly @ 10/11 (GP) 15:20 CHAMPION HURDLE (GRADE 1) 2m 1/2f

Garde Champetre @ 8/1 (GP) 16:00 GLENFARCLAS X COUNTRY H'CAP CHASE 3m 7f

Quevega @ 1/2 (GP) 16:40 OLBG DAVID NICHOLSON MARES' HURDLE 2m 4f

Hopefully make some profit but all in good fun anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Not sure how you are working out the bet at €9.90, maybe I'm missing something.

IMO you are really placing all your hopes on Gardre Champetre winning for you, AS WELL AS the 3 jollies obliging.

As much as I admire/love Garde Champetre and would love to see a win, I cant see it happening.

I'm guessing that its a 30 cent E/W Lucky 15? Costs €9?

If so, if all the favs win and Garde Champetre gets placed only you win: €18.40.

Nothing wrong with that, but you need all 3 to win and Garde Champetre to be placed.

If GC AND another fav only gets placed you win €14.23.

If all selections win, you win €75.52.

But if all 3 jollies win and GC does not get placed, you only win €8.91

In my opinion its too much sweat for them all to win and not get a better return.

If it was me, and the 3 favs were my bankers, I'd run to a €5 treb on the 3 favs and 1 €5 four timer with Garde Champetre.

You are covered by the 3 you were relying on as bankers, and if GC wins, happy days.

Returns: €5 Treb €27.33
    Returns: €5 Quad €246.01

Good luck and enjoy the racing:D

PS: On a limited budget, you might want to see what free bets the newspapers are offering too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

First day over. Was working today so just saw the highlights.
    Thought Ruby should have been a bit closer on Hurricane Fly in the Champion.
    Poor Garde Chempetre was put down:(

So i got back €5.32 for my lucky 15 with Wins for Quevaga and Sprintre Sacre and a place for Hurricane fly.

A more straight forward bet for tomorrow

€5.32 double
    14:40 Grand Crus 6-4
    15:20 Sizing Europe 10/11

Should pay around €25 if they both win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Sound bet:D, good luck with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Sound bet:D, good luck with that!
    Cheers. I put a fiver straight on each of them too.
    Hopefuly at least one will win anyway haha

Advertisement