Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Network Statement

Options
  • 12-03-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭

Since IE failed to migrate their "uploads" directory with the new website I've dug through my directories and found a copy I previously downloaded.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/85054609

However, this document is obviously stale given the works done on the southern Nenagh branch, Limerick Junction, Portlaoise UIC60 and so on so if someone catches wind of the appearance of the 2012 version do let us know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

I wasn't aware CAWS is only in operation on the Cork mainline and the Dublin suburban area and the rest of the country depends on manual sighting. Shame, it's actually a really good in-cab signalling system, much better than the AWS that is standard in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I suppose IE might be thinking that no CAWS extensions are worthwhile with any cab signalling deployments outside the existing network would form part of an ETCS Level 2 install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

True, CAWS was a bespoke solution designed by the Yanks for us and will probably be phased out eventually for standard European systems, but for its time it's quite a good solution that provides a high level of safety. I really like it.

Advertisement