Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Poetry Event following competition that awards €2000

Options
  • 12-03-2012 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

I think this might be a nice meet up spot for creatives in the Cork area. Further, it's a competition I didn't get the chance to enter but the prize is nothing to be sniffed at and it will be cool to hear the winning poems etc. given that the competition will be open again in the summer. I found these details online...

The Ballymaloe International Poetry Prize in conjunction with was launched in July 2011 in Dublin last year, allowing for anybody to submit a poem providing it was original and previously unpublished.
    Designed to showcase and reward, the competition offered 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes of €2,000, €1,000 and €500 respectively along with a stay at Ballymaloe house and a feature in Moth Magazine. The prize giving will take place on the 25th of March
    Join us at
    The Grain Store
    Ballymaloe House
    Shanagarry, Co. Cork
    Sunday 25 March 2012
    6.00 p.m - 8.30 p.m
    There will be readings by Cork Poet Matthew Sweeney, whose most recent collection was shortlisted for The Irish Times/Poetry Now Award and the T.S. Eliot Prize, and the winning poets. The Minister for Arts Jimmy Deenihan is also expected to attend.
    Having received over 1,000 entries, we are more encouraged than ever to celebrate the arts. This prize giving event promises to play host to some of Ireland’s most captivating creative and literary figures.

Advertisement