Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual coil cartomisers where to get???

Options
  • 12-03-2012 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

help please i'm seriously beginning to panic, here have a few left but just looked at 3 different online shops (in ireland) and they all seem to be out of stock, tried Irish Vapers, TBS and Vapour Ireland, anywhere else have them?? Don't want the really pricey ones though :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html

order a couple of these to do you until dual coils are back in stock

the vape isn't as warm as a dual coil, but the flavour is slightly improved because it is 2ohms (dual coils are 1.5) so the heating coil doesn't get as hot on an ego battery which lends itself to a slightly cleaner flavour. little bit less vapour and cooler vape, but not massively noticeable tbh.

alternatively
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/cartomisers/510-dual-coil-cartomiser-xl-1-5ohm/prod_310.html

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pepperpixie

great thank you have ordered 10 of the ones from TBS, don't like the thoughts of being stranded so have to have plenty of spares.

they'll be a little different than a dual coil, but dont throw them out in disgust when you start using them.. youll get used to them quickly enough. good to have the option to use either, some flavours might work better with a hotter vape than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

What is going on with all of the sites being low in DCC's and stuff? Seen a couple of posts on it over the last couple of days.

take a look at TBS, they're out of stock of nearly all cartomisers. it's crazy. must have been a lot of people doing big orders to stock up after they were also out of stock around the start of the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Sent a mail to TBS today about stock, I got a reply saying they have been stuck at customs for two weeks, I got three left so hopefully they will be quick!

i wonder if the chinese supplier pulled the little customs trick they pulled for my order

100 euro worth of supplies packaged as a 30 dollar "toy doll house" or something

well i got the order from TBS today, they have a brilliant turn around service. Have about 8 of the dual coil left and ordered ten of these new thingys........hate the thoughts of getting stranded and smoking analogues again!!!

lol
    well 18 cartos.. you're probably safe for a while

ha ha, yeah they're for me and hubby so 9 cartos each!!! But sometimes when i change the dual coil no matter what i do i end up dumping 2 or 3 of them before i get it right, so not long going through them then.

• Advertisement

why do you have to dump 2-3 of them?
    are you filling them with the wrong juice or are you just running into a godawful amount of duds?
    or wre yuou just exxagerating for comic effect :)

that's a very good question, and when i'm gasping for a vape it's definitely not for comic effect. The last 2 times i filled them it took 3 goes to get it right, sometimes they taste burnt straight away and sometimes there's nothing at all happening, have varied the amounts of juice i put in and tried filling from top and bottom alternately to see if it's the way i'm filling them damages them, and i even keep the suspected "duds" to try another time but they still don't work right for me, dud cartos or dud person filling them that is the question!:D

hrm
    if they taste burnt straight away you're probably not putting enough juice in. if you get a burnt taste on your first vape, just take it off the battery and drip a few more drops in until you see liquid dripping out of the battery end. drip in slowly, so you dont get a load of juice pouring out of it. wipe down the battery end and try it again. if you get a consistent burnt taste just throw it away

and if theres nothiung at all happening.. maybe yyou put too much in :p
    if you get the nothing at all happening, or a tiny amount of vapour.. keep vaping for a bit.. its possible the filler is too soaked and it will take you a while to vape away the excess to a level where it works properly

and then again it's also possible that you just picked duds out of your pile, it is a risk with disposable cartos. it shouldn't be happening very often though

when you fill from the bottom using the condom method, do you fill the condom 2 or 3 times? just one won't be enough to fill the carto

The vapour store have DCC's as well. Why the panic about TBS ones?

dont actually know.. I guess store loyalty? :) I know one other person I got into vaping just about refuses to order from anywhere other than TBS, when they were out of dcc's a while ago I linked him to some of the other sites and he said he'd just wiat till tbs were back.

I havent ordered from all the irish sites but I have ordered from 4-5 of them and i've no complaints about any of them. that said, vapourstore is a bit more expensive although the woman that runs it is very helpful.

dont actually know.. I guess store loyalty? :) I know one other person I got into vaping just about refuses to order from anywhere other than TBS, when they were out of dcc's a while ago I linked him to some of the other sites and he said he'd just wiat till tbs were back.

I havent ordered from all the irish sites but I have ordered from 4-5 of them and i've no complaints about any of them. that said, vapourstore is a bit more expensive although the woman that runs it is very helpful.

Yeah, they are more expensive. I noticed thatbefore alright. That being said, the woman who runs it is extremely helpful alright so I alays keep an order or 2 going to them as well. The DCC's are pretty standard price there though I think so I might buy a few there now.

oops.......nope i only filled them once from the bottom, then if not enough vape i'd put a few drops in the top. If i suspect it's too dry i usually put a load of juice in, and then if i think there's too much juice i blow it through on to a tissue....!!!

I did look at the vapour store yesterday too, actually can't remember why i didn't order off them, think i couldn't find 10ml juices on their site (prob do have them somewhere) and they fit nicely in my pouch. Truthfully i'm never loyal to a brand or shop, take what i can get where i can get it. :rolleyes:

aye by the time they started stocking cartomisers I had moved onto the lavatube so I hveant placed an order with them in a while. I tend to only order from irish sites when i'm desperate for something now as the next day post is amazingly useful in a pinch.
    im beginning to wonder if maybe the market is slightly over saturated? :)

oops.......nope i only filled them once from the bottom, then if not enough vape i'd put a few drops in the top. If i suspect it's too dry i usually put a load of juice in, and then if i think there's too much juice i blow it through on to a tissue....!!!

I did look at the vapour store yesterday too, actually can't remember why i didn't order off them, think i couldn't find 10ml juices on their site (prob do have them somewhere) and they fit nicely in my pouch. Truthfully i'm never loyal to a brand or shop, take what i can get where i can get it. :rolleyes:

i think vapourstore mainly do 20mls, been a while since I checked but my juice orders from them were always 20's

and yeah if you're filling form the bottom, especially with a brand new carto.. it can take 2-3 fills before it's properly soaked. make sure to push the carto in slowly so the juice doesnt just get forced up through it too quickly.
    if you use this method to refill an already used carto, then 1 condom usually will do but the filler can take way more juice when it's completely dry.
    although if you are refilling an already used carto it's easier to just drop into the top, best not to let them get too dry so if you're going to be using the same juice in it just drop a couple of drops in the top every couple of hours.

aye by the time they started stocking cartomisers I had moved onto the lavatube so I hveant placed an order with them in a while. I tend to only order from irish sites when i'm desperate for something now as the next day post is amazingly useful in a pinch.
    im beginning to wonder if maybe the market is slightly over saturated? :)

I started off by using them but then when I moved to carto's they didn't have any. They slipped up by waiting so long to get carto's in.

That being said, they now have th eGo-C while most other sites dont. I always feel that if you want to try something a bit different you need to go to the UK alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

My "foolproof" way of filling them is to leave the rubber condom on the bottom (battery end), and then fill by dripping into the top. I drip 5 or 6 drops at a time then leave it to sit for a few seconds or until the top of the filler looks dry again, then 5 or 6 more etc. I keep going until it gets to the point that the top just stays wet (although I usually over do this part and actually have a little layer of juice on top of the filler). Then I leave it sit and soak for a while before using it, at least an hour but overnight is great where possible (tip: put the condom back on the top as well in case it falls over). The when I'm ready to use it, I take the condoms off, hold a piece of tissue under the battery connector and give a gentle blow on the top just to blow out the excess, then give the battery connector a bit of a wipe.

And then it's ready to vape. It takes a bit of time to do, but I always get an excellent first vape. Also note that there'll probably be a few drops of juice in the bottom condom when you take it off, if you're going to vape straight away just dump that back in the top of the carto.

yeah the irish stores greatest assets are their convenience, taking laser and next day post, and customer service
    i sometimes feel bad for diy'ing my own juices now so im taking money out of the vaping economy :)

stevenmu wrote: »
    My "foolproof" way of filling them is to leave the rubber condom on the bottom (battery end), and then fill by dripping into the top. I drip 5 or 6 drops at a time then leave it to sit for a few seconds or until the top of the filler looks dry again, then 5 or 6 more etc. I keep going until it gets to the point that the top just stays wet (although I usually over do this part and actually have a little layer of juice on top of the filler). Then I leave it sit and soak for a while before using it, at least an hour but overnight is great where possible (tip: put the condom back on the top as well in case it falls over). The when I'm ready to use it, I take the condoms off, hold a piece of tissue under the battery connector and give a gentle blow on the top just to blow out the excess, then give the battery connector a bit of a wipe.

And then it's ready to vape. It takes a bit of time to do, but I always get an excellent first vape. Also note that there'll probably be a few drops of juice in the bottom condom when you take it off, if you're going to vape straight away just dump that back in the top of the carto.

wow
    I just horse the juice in the top and use a tissue to wipe up the giant puddle of excess :)
    not exactly economical but at least it's quick lol

Is that why you started DIY'ing juice :)

I did it that way at first, but it drove me nuts, the top of the filler would look dry so I'd put in a few more drops, then look down and see the giant puddle, then look at the filler again and it still looked dry ,leading to many a fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu. My method's a little fiddly and a bit of work, but at least the filler ends up wetter than my clothes do.

Ha ha........with all of this DCC shortages going on and all, I just placed an order of 5 x smoktech DCC's from the vapour store. Uisng the discount code kept it less than 10 Euro including shipping.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Is that why you started DIY'ing juice :)

actually no, thhat's because of how much juice I end up using with the chibi tank
    look forward to that :)

look forward to that :)

Oh I am :)

Advertisement