Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 on Macbook Pro Issue: I/O Mic & Headphone ports not working

Options
  • 11-03-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this is not the right place for it. MODs feel free to move if needed.

I recently installed Windows 7 (64bit) onto my Macbook Pro (15", Early 2011). The internal Mic and Internal speakers work fine. However, I recently purchased a headset to work on Skype etc, and I cannot get these to work.

In Skype I have selected my Microphone input as: Line In (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)), and Speakers as: Headphones (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29))

I get no audio through the heads, and no levels through the mic. I checked in Control Panel -> Sound and tried to make these both Default, and even tried Default Communication Device. Still no joy.

These jacks work fine on OSx, and the headset has been tested on another PC and works fine. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

Many thanks in advance!
    -Adam

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Did you install all the bootcamp drivers? I'll move this over to the Mac forum for ya where you may get better advice :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

yoyo wrote: »
    Did you install all the bootcamp drivers? I'll move this over to the Mac forum for ya where you may get better advice :)

Nick

Thanks.

Yep, installed the Bootcamp drivers [Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 29)]. Also tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them. Still no joy.

Hmm, think I just figured out the issue. The input on a Macbook Pro is a LINE-IN, and not a Mic Input. Pretty ridiculous that a €2,500 laptop doesn't have a Mic input tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

.ak wrote: »
    Hmm, think I just figured out the issue. The input on a Macbook Pro is a LINE-IN, and not a Mic Input. Pretty ridiculous that a €2,500 laptop doesn't have a Mic input tbh...

so its working now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Yes, you'll need a powered mic or a USB one. :)

• Advertisement

so its working now ?

Nope, like Greentree said, a mic won't work because it's a line-in socket. You need a powered mic or preamp for it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rajasarfraz

but the mic works in mac ox...... so it means mic works..... some other issue is there in windows 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 diek

Hi, Same issue with a MacBook Pro late 2010, using Bootcamp 3.2 Windows 7 all updates current as of 2012-Mar-30 In MacOSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard the MBP's headset jack recognizes the headphone and microphone, in Windows 7 only the headphone works. It is annoying as the internal mic picks up too much ambient noise including keyboard. Skype for example only shows the headset option among three to choose from, for mic's there is only one option (Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB13)) In Windows Audio settings it shows it as Driver version 6.6001.1.26, 8/16/2010 Has somebody tried to install the CS4207 Win 7 driver? it seems to be from 12/15/2010. It could work perhaps, the zip contains files such as cs420x64.cat, the 420x might indicate that it works for 4206,7 etc? http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/cs4207.html It is for another chipset, scared to try as don't want to mess up my system in case I can not roll back. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 diek

OK, so I took the plunge, didn't want to wait.
    • Installed the driver from http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/cs4207.html
    • Device manager, driver, update, picked the inf file and it selected the driver for my hardware which seems to be CS4206A (AB13). Driver version was 6.6001.1.30, 12/15/2010.
    • Unfortunately, sorry :( : no change, still the combo jack only recognizes the headphone, not the microphone. Bummer.
    • I tested again, headset mic still works under OSX, but not under Windows7.
    More ideas, anybody?? :confused:

Advertisement