Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Anyone Found The Quality Of Rolling Tobacco To Be Declining?

Options
  • 11-03-2012 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

Just I alternate between Amber Leaf and Golden Virginia and I've found the quality of the smoke, as well as the tobacco to be found wanting at times.

It loses it's taste and sometimes tastes stale and there is. sometimes, quite a few lumps or clumps in it.

The tobacco just, to me, seems to be of a poorer quality to what I was used to.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

The Old Holborn is quite consistent I find. Don't honestly know about Amber Leaf or GV though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Mickey H wrote: »
    The Old Holborn is quite consistent I find. Don't honestly know about Amber Leaf or GV though.

^ ^ ^
    | | |
    What he said.
    Do you find that the taste becomes a bit carbony/mucky (best words I can think of to describe it) towards the end of the bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Switched to Old Holborn recently and never looked back. I always thought GV was fairly consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 blaser r93

Sindri wrote: »
    Just I alternate between Amber Leaf and Golden Virginia and I've found the quality of the smoke, as well as the tobacco to be found wanting at times.

It loses it's taste and sometimes tastes stale and there is. sometimes, quite a few lumps or clumps in it.

The tobacco just, to me, seems to be of a poorer quality to what I was used to.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    its not near as good as it used to be.... b ut thats way a lot of things are now

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

drum has turned to complete kack

there's more stem tham leaf sometimes and it's like sucking a golfball through a straw

• Advertisement
Advertisement