Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symptoms leading up to your BFP's :)

Options
  • 11-03-2012 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi girls,

Just wondering if you would mind posting some of the symptoms you had the days leading up to getting you positive tests? Although I already have a child I had her quite young and didn't find out I was pregnant till I was 8 weeks

Thanks in advance xxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Sore boobs, suddenly finding shellfish repulsive, dizzy spells (prob due to anaemia), falling asleep when putting the other kids to bed, not being able to handle sad or scary stuff on telly....but thats just me...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

I felt like I had a tummy bug without the sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

I had cramping, back ache and unbelievable fatigue the week before af was due! Tested positive 3 days before I was due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Just felt period like cramps but not as intense. And i kinda just knew! My oh was calling me mad cause i about 4 tests that the line was so faint i thought they were negative but i just knew so i used a clear blue test and low and behold 23 weeks today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I felt exactly like I do normally on run up to period. Really sore boobs, period cramps, bloated, bad skin etc. this continued for days and tested positive a few days after period due. Continued to feel like this for weeks after as well

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The only symptom I had was that on day 27, I was convinced I had PMS and my period was on the way. I was ranty and tearful and convinced. I only tested the next morning to get the whole rigmarole over with (ya know when you are waiting on your period and an hour after you test you get it) So I tested to bring it on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Got BFP last Friday 2 days before AF was due (loving all these abreviations :D)

First suspicions were when my OH hugged me and my boobs hurt. Have also had a slight stomach ache and lower back pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Felt like I was hungover minus the drinking session the night before :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Nausea and more nausea! Also really sore boobs. And a constant non stop headache!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

My first clue was utter exhaustion after exercise. I had to kneel down in the shower as my legs were unable to support me after the same work out that two days before had filled me with energy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I had sore boobs and sensitive nipples.
    Got cramps and presumed it was AF. Had faint line on day AF was due, but got my BFP 2 days later. Seemed to be testing at the wrong time (eve) so bought a digital one and did it in the morning (6am - couldn't sleep with excitement about it) and got my BFP then.
    About a week before I was due my AF, I got a mild bout of thrush and small red blotches on my chest - which I presumed was down to the thrush. It all disappeared after I got my BFP.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I just had extreme period pains for the week before my period was due, I just though I was in for one big mofo period. The night before my period was due I got really bad heartburn and decided to take a test. Took the test the day my period was due and got a very definite line, did a Clearblue digital test and it confirmed I was 4-5 weeks gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Exhaustion and nausea and bad cramping for about 2/3 weeks. My period was always a bit all over the place so didn't bother testing for ages as I just thought my period was coming.

When I eventually tested the lines came up straight away!!! The cramps stayed for a while then went away. I was about 6/7 weeks pregnant when I tested positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thanks girls x

I have been exhausted - but not sure if it's just time of the year or if we have been lucky. I have also had a massive pout breaks of spots - haven't had this since I was a teeny - fingers crossed biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Good luck stickybean. Think I'm at the same stage as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

yellow hen wrote: »
    Good luck stickybean. Think I'm at the same stage as you.
    Best of luck sticky bean and yellow hen on hopefully getting your BFP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Dying to test - but going to wait till the weekend - oh the wait is killing me

When are you testing yellow hen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

stickybean wrote: »
    Dying to test - but going to wait till the weekend - oh the wait is killing me

When are you testing yellow hen?

I should be due AF on thurs so I'll wait until then. Getting cramps and have pain on right side which feel like unmistakable AF pains :(
    What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Bad bad cramps and horrid taste in my mouth, couldn't even taste my food it was that bad. Went after week 8.

Advertisement