Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo to cover scars

Options
  • 10-03-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice

I've scars from acne that would cover the top half of my back.These scars would be around 10 years old.I'm looking to get a tattoo to hide the scars(prob something tribal)
    Is it possible to for tattoos to cover acne scars?
    What would a rough price be and any recommendations?

Any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

The only part of this that can be answered outside of a shop is the "can scars be covered", the answer is yes for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Philistina

The only part of this that can be answered outside of a shop is the "can scars be covered", the answer is yes for most people.

And depending on the nature of the scars.

As scar tissue is kind of shinier than intact skin, it might impact the overall picture. Long story short, yes, scars can be covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

As far as I know, and feel free to correct me on this, scar tissue doesn't take ink very well - it's thinner y'see

Not sure how well your scars would react either... The fresher they are the riskier it is to touch them

be careful and seek professional advice (doctor & tattoo artist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Acne scars should be OK. I had a fair few laceration scars tattooed over and it was fine. Not sure how true the above statement about scar tissue and color is, but I've had no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I've had no issue with my scars either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Acne scars should be OK. I had a fair few laceration scars tattooed over and it was fine. Not sure how true the above statement about scar tissue and color is, but I've had no problems.

I've heard that over the years so wanted to make OP aware... not sure how true it is but it's worth checking out. Scar tissue is thinner so just be careful, that's all

Glad yours have worked out though

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

From what I've seen in the past, scars will take the ink just fine, but may look a little 'shinier' than the rest of the ink, so won't be totally hidden by it. Fine details on scar tissue may be more prone to ink bleeding/blurring over time too.

Advertisement