Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thrilled with dual coil cartomizers!

Options
  • 10-03-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Just to share my experience with these....I started to vape 5 months ago and had been using the eGo-T with the atomizer and tank cartridges. They worked fine in getting me off the cigarettes and keeping me off them, but as time passed I became fed up with the leaking.........and the inability to get a decent drag without nearly sucking all the air out of my lungs! Thanks to Digby's advice here, I ordered the cartomizers from thebestshop.eu, and after 1 drag I couldn't believe how much better they are! I mean they give loads of vapour, no leaking, and you get a serious throat hit every time. I'm totally sold on them.

4 weeks after getting them, I'm still using the same cartomizer and they only cost €1.80 each. I had been using the 'condom method' of filling them, but now I just remove the drip tip and drip the juice straight in...really easy and fast. I find I am going through the juice much faster than before, but that stands to reason as there is much more vapour produced. I am also getting 1.5 days out of the eGo 900mAh battery which is a lot as I vape a lot.

From a very happy carto user!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wtf you make a cartomiser last 4 weeks?

glad to hear they're working for you, dont throw away the ego-t. the tanks can be slightly better in terms of flavour, so if you pick up a fancy ass belgian waffle juice in the future you might want ot throw it into the tank to try out. cartomisers are definitely a great workhorse vaper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I must admit I'm surprised it has lasted that long! Why, are you meant to dump them earlier? I'm just waiting for it to burn out or whatever before I move onto the next one.

if they last 4 weeks for you, then keep at them for 4 weeks :)

i tended to throw mine out after a week, and there's people that bin them after 3-4 days or as soon as they get the first slightest hint of performance not being as good as it was on the first day

make sure though that if you're getting a constant kinda burnt taste that you throw it away, that's not good. but if you're keeping it wet and you're happy with the flavour/vapour. then 4 weeks is great

Will do. I know the products are constantly evolving and improving, and I'm happy to try them out. Bearing in mind that I'm dead happy with the cartomizers, are they the best vape going right now?

there's as many answers to that as there are vapers :)

for ego batteries, without moving into the world of variable voltage devices, dual coils are probably up there.
    the boge 2ohms are pretty good too, slightly better flavour wise than dual coils I think but the vape is a little cooler.. i think they're easier on the battery than dual coils too

then there's the ego-c whhich is kinda of an updated versionof the t, gets good reviews

then you have the whole world of repairable atomisers, where you have one atomiser and just keep remaking a new wick and coil instead of throwing the atomiser out

there's a lot of options :)

• Advertisement

Many thanks. I'll stick with the cartos for now then! Cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

gebbel wrote: »
    Will do. I know the products are constantly evolving and improving, and I'm happy to try them out. Bearing in mind that I'm dead happy with the cartomizers, are they the best vape going right now?

If your happy with them, stick with them if i were you.

Update: just changed to a new carto after Digby's surprise at my getting 4 weeks out of one. Christ I can't believe how much I needed to change.....much better flavour and taste. 4 weeks is waaaaay too long!

rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

gebbel wrote: »
    Update: just changed to a new carto after Digby's surprise at my getting 4 weeks out of one. Christ I can't believe how much I needed to change.....much better flavour and taste. 4 weeks is waaaaay too long!

I wouldn't want to be doing any of Green Hornet's lung tests after vaping a 4-week old carto. There are ways of cleaning them that might get you another week but it's really time consuming and not worth the effort.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Is there some way we could do a whip round for Digby, i'd say he's got to be one of the most informative and helpful posters around here, terribly nice chap.

I'm having a bit of a mixed affair with DCC's of late, when i first used them i loved them, but when TBS ran out of stock, i picked up some single coil Boges, and now that i'm back using DCC's again i REALLY want to go back to Boges.

I'll keep using this DCC until it runs out, and i'll try another Boge and make a decision then! :)

im afraid I only take payment in scantily clad asian teenagers

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I get about a week out of my DCC's. I do find that the Ego battery doesn't last as long when I use DCC when compared to a standard cartomizer.

yeah i think it's because it has to work twice as hard heating both coils, i get the same thing with my dual coil atomisers on the lavatube. second battery isnt erven fully charged by the time i reach my general battery-change level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

TBS would want to get their stock in order else I'll be four-weeking my last DCC. I was gonna go to Irishvapers but their juice is all fairly pricey. I usually just pick up the €15 50ml bottle from thebestshop and get the DCCs in the same order.

Any suggestions for a pennypincher in case TBS doesn't stock up this week?

irishvapers has free delivery iirc so you could just order the dual coils from them, oh wait they're out of stock

jesus. both stores were kinda out of stock of everything in january too, and now out of stock again.. is vaping kicking off that much in Ireland?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html

pick up 1 or 2 of these, boge 2ohms. they're a little cooler vape than the dual coils, which tend to be 1.5ohm so get a bit hotter on an ego battery. they tend to have cleaner flavour though as a result. 1 or 2 oughta do you until someone gets dual coils back

alternatively, i think thevapourstore has dual coils atm. most of the other irish sites only seem to have clear dual coils from what I remember, and they';re best avoided., they work fine, but they are fiddlyand after a few fills look like someone took a **** inside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

These guys have them; http://e-cigshop.eu/SMOK-dual-coil-cartomiser
    Thinking of getting some and one of the tank things, anyone know if the 3 versus 6 ml is a length or diameter thing?

Those boges are xl and fine in a tank but the filler is the same as on a reg length one so other than in a tank I don't see the point.
    Oh, the reg are out of stock! well then their a point.

it's just how much juice the tank holds, they will be the same length but the 3ml version will be quite a bit skinnier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Excellent! Should fit an ego batt without looking like I've a crack pipe attached.

hehe, yeah. itll just look like some weird multi part dildo

yeah I have wondered before at the xl boges and the filler level. maybe it just has more room to expand? cos they can fill more juice in them.

hrm they definitely dont expand anyway, just checked one of my xl's against my standard boges from the chibi tank. maybe iu was just fooling myself thinking i was fitting more juice in

I guess you're right it is just so they can fit into larger tanks, but they are still quite a bit smaller than dual coils. I guess if you have a tank where the dual coil sticks out from the top of the tank the xlboge will just about fit into it?
    *shrug*

• Advertisement

right
    according to healthcabin site
    standard size boges hold .9ml
    xl boges hold 1.4ml

so.. yeah, there is a difference there although it apparently has nothing whatsoever to do with the length of the carto :)
    oh wait healthcabin xxl's are 1.4ml
    thebestshop have xl which are 1.2ml
    and standar size boge holds .9ml

but the 1.4ml and 1.2ml boges are the same length

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/healthcabin/268206-new-arrival-1-2ml-boge-510d-xxl-1-4ml-cartomizers.html

according to this thread they do fit DCT's... but the one I have is smaller than the dual coil I have
    if you do end up getting the DCT let me know. if I have a spare TBS boge i'll send it over to you, or if don't I won't throw one out and post that over to you so youll at least know if it fits or not

--edit
    oh, nevermind. I forgott eh dual coil cartos in the DCT's had a flange on the bottom
    boges dont, so they cant be used in a DCT

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Kurz wrote: »
    TBS would want to get their stock in order else I'll be four-weeking my last DCC. I was gonna go to Irishvapers but their juice is all fairly pricey. I usually just pick up the €15 50ml bottle from thebestshop and get the DCCs in the same order.

Any suggestions for a pennypincher in case TBS doesn't stock up this week?
    Send me a pm if you are stuck!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

--edit
    oh, nevermind. I forgott eh dual coil cartos in the DCT's had a flange on the bottom
    boges dont, so they cant be used in a DCT
    I read a forum post somewhere recently that you don't need the ones with the flange, the ones without work fine. It was just a forum post so not authoritive, but could be worth checking.

yeah i read that post too, but i'd already posted 3 times in a row on this thread and didn't want to go for 4 :)
    not sure its something id risk tbh, granted i'm not exactly delicate with my vaping kit but I did notice the DCT slipping and sliding a tiny bit

Advertisement