Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I convert TV Serial to USB

Options
  • 09-03-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I hope this is the right place!
    I have a Prestigio P2000DVD-X TV without a USB port. It has a 9 pin serial (female) as well as Antenna, Audio and Scart sockets. I can't find a cable with a male 9 pin serial joined to a female USB (plenty with male USBs).
    I'd really appreciate if anyone has a suggestion for me so I can use my USB stick. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It depends on what you want to use the USB for. If you're planning on trying to play movies from a USB stick then I don't think it'll work.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Aren't those serial ports only for firmware upgrades?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

Thanks for both replies.
    Yes, I did want to watch films on the USB stick. I can connect it to the PC using the serial so I'll stick with that option.
    Thanks again, saves me a lot of head scratching!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I don't think that will work either. The serial port is more than likely there to perform diagnostics on the set or to allow firmware updates. Can't see it offering media playback functions.

Ken

Advertisement