Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Bargains

Options
  • 09-03-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

8x50cl cans of Guinness , Heineken, Coors light for 8 euro in Superquin at the moment. Long dated too. 24 cans bud for 24 euro in Tesco. Discussion on quality of beers to follow as usual.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I wouldn't drink bud.. i joke.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Supervalu have 12-can slab of Carlsberg for €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

In before the hipsters with their 'Non Mainstream' beers and budweiser is blah blah blah blah...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Hogzy wrote: »
    In before the hipsters with their 'Non Mainstream' beers and budweiser is blah blah blah blah...

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

bogof wrote: »
    Discussion on quality of beers to follow as usual.
    and why not? everything else here gets the same treatment!
    if the product is reduced but its not worth its original or reduced price then why cant we point it out.
    these are poor beers which they could probably sell for 30cent a can but they have to reap the cost of all that advertising they do!

• Advertisement

adamski8 wrote: »
    and why not? everything else here gets the same treatment!
    if the product is reduced but its not worth its original or reduced price then why cant we point it out.
    these are poor beers which they could probably sell for 30cent a can but they have to reap the cost of all that advertising they do!

Toodle on to your beloved beer forum if you want to talk about the quality of beers. But this here forum is for the discussion of bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

I hope its the 4.3% heineken, hate the 5% muck ....bla bla bla de bla :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

bit off topic but as someone who drink's carlsberg and heinekin the std stuff what is coor's like, I've often wondered especially taste wise.

Is it from the Budweiser stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

danjo-xx wrote: »
    bit off topic but as someone who drink's carlsberg and heinekin the std stuff what is coor's like, I've often wondered especially taste wise.

Is it from the Budweiser stable.

Never had an std so could not comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cokane13

Tesco are currently doing the 3 boxes of bottles for €22

Becks 15 x 275ml (5%)
    Brahma 12 x 330ml
    Stella Artois 12 x 284ml

Not sure if its on any other beers but picked up 3 boxes of Becks last night in Dundrum, weren't too many left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Tesco Coonagh also have stella cidre 8 x 568ml bottles for €8. Date is 03/12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Watch out for the date on the 24 x cans Bud in Tesco. Checked and it was dated April. Not a problem if you're buying for short term though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Kind of amazes my how some people get worked up over which beer you should or shoudn't drink. It's not as if it's a significant purchase in anycase - you buy it, you drink it, you like it, you buy it again, you don't, well next time you buy something else. Simple really.

FFS, get over yourselves all you brand snobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

6 Tuborg for €5 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I see that the boxes of 24x33cl Stella in Dunnes for €15 until Sunday 18th. Opportunity to stock up in advance of the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Markcheese

kn wrote: »
    I see that the boxes of 24x33cl Stella in Dunnes for €15 until Sunday 18th. Opportunity to stock up in advance of the Euros.

Sure, that'll end up a money saving excecise...unless u are the beer swilling shoalin monk type ..... Total self control.....well till u have a couple of bottles

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Never had an std so could not comment

you must have missed school that day:D allow me to fill you in boi...

std as in alc/vol = 4.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭achiman

all my bottles of stella cidre are BBE 03/2012 so i will need to make haste...:D

achiman wrote: »
    all my bottles of stella cidre are BBE 03/2012 so i will need to make haste...:D

Whats that stuff like? Bulmers is about the only Cider i can pallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭achiman

looks like bulmers but it aint bulmers, it is a bit tasteless for me but i have a head cold so maybe its just me ... and you will have a bad head after a feed of it...fact..just felt like some cider otherwise i woundnt touch it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

bogof wrote: »
    8x50cl cans of Guinness , Heineken, Coors light for 8 euro in Superquin at the moment. Long dated too. 24 cans bud for 24 euro in Tesco. Discussion on quality of beers to follow as usual.
    Glad you all stocked up ! That deal on Stella sounds good. Thanks KN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

24 500ml cans of Miller for €20 in Tesco Dundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

sharicer wrote: »
    7 Inch MTK MT6573 Tablet PC laptop Android 2.3 /3G Dual SIM card
    http://kuvaton.com/u/yhc

WTF? No link to beer there .......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

sharicer wrote: »
    7 Inch MTK MT6573 Tablet PC laptop Android 2.3 /3G Dual SIM card
    http://kuvaton.com/u/yhc
    Someone obviously polished off a few before posting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I tried the Brahme in tesco the weekend. Really its actually ok but i am not to fussy. I drink most lagers once there bite is not to bad.

It was suggested i put a slice of Lime in it which i did and it still tasted nice.

Buy one case for a €10 if you like it buy the 3 @ €22 euro. Thats 36 bottles @ € 0.61c. Or in the words of labour. Cheaper than water. Which says a lot about water tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

I'm loving it. Although only on reduced prices it's normally €2.89 a bottle
    I also only drink it with a glass of ice it needs to be very cold - prob a bad sign but at a euro a bottle u can't go wrong.

Advertisement