Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikingdirect Rotterdam Office Chair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Looks same as one I got few years back, cheapest crap I have ever got and not very comfortable for long term work. These should be about 20 euro only

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

TheDriver wrote: »
    Looks same as one I got few years back, cheapest crap I have ever got and not very comfortable for long term work. These should be about 20 euro only

are they really that bad? wonder is it too late to cancel :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

+1 took me ages to convince work to get proper 8 hour rated chairs

(these are allright but i wouldnt sit for 8 hours in one)

oh they last well enough

we bought these in the ed (on special at half price) dont buy at full price
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/24-Hour-Office-Chair-Fabric-Blue/pr=QD3&id=TKOPER-BE/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I bought a Berlin years ago and still have it. It's a great chair and I can vouch for its quality. Additionally, it's much better than the crap you can get in Argos but I can't comment on the Rotterdam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think the berlin ones aren't leather faced but some faux-leather thing, whereas the rotterdams appear to be actual leather. maybe thats the price difference there as they look pretty similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

i think the berlin ones aren't leather faced but some faux-leather thing, whereas the rotterdams appear to be actual leather. maybe thats the price difference there as they look pretty similar.

Eh, no.

link here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Trilla90 wrote: »
    are they really that bad? wonder is it too late to cancel :eek:
    From their site
    "If you have any problems just ring us on 1890 818 130. Whatever the problem, we'll stay with it until it's resolved and you're satisfied. If your goods are damaged upon delivery, please mark 'damaged' on the driver's delivery receipt, keep the box and packing and ring us on the above number."
    From what I can remember they've been very helpful with returns and refunds (that'd be a good while ago though!)

It is what it's.

Anyone else have experience with the rotterdams or can recommend a better one? before i go and cancel, i doubt i'll be sitting in them for over 8 hours at a time anyway, i wouldnt spend over €80

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Trilla90 wrote: »
    Was hunting for money off coupons before i ordered one of the Berlin chairs when i found a nice discount on the Rotterdam Executive chair they are usually €180.59 (ex. vat) i got mine for €73.59 (inc. vat), i imagine they are a fair bit better than the Berlin chairs given the price difference :) not sure if there are many left or if i got the last one but worth a try just follow the link

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?id=3265089&pr=Q5A&XREF1=IAIE703999TD001&XREF2=IAIE703999TD001&cm_mmc=TDIE-_-NULL-_-372402-_-NULL&asource=TD&_$ja=tsid:19929|prd:1515541&tduid=4ed80b24d208f9f44d7070833f736eb5

I got a half dozen a few years back, exact same. No problem at all with them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

actually in the market for a chair for the pc, looking on their site there's a leather Malaga Executive chair for 39.99 ex-vat or a Rio for 30 ex vat or should i go for the Berlin?

• Advertisement

wellboy76 wrote: »
    I got a half dozen a few years back, exact same. No problem at all with them

ye its a chair after all not expecting any surprises allot better than the wooden chair im using right now anyway i dont have back problems yet anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i have a berlin also and think its great. Very comfortable. The cushion on the arm rest is a little thin so not a comfortable but the main part of the chair is very comfortable for long gaming sessions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

I agree. Viking always have fine dirty of chair that they promote at €160+ & sell for €60.... Will do you for a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

NJS007 wrote: »
    I agree. Viking always have fine dirty of chair that they promote at €160+ & sell for €60.... Will do you for a while....

:confused:

Also have the berlin, which looks pretty identical, and find it incredibly comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Also have the berlin, which looks pretty identical, and find it incredibly comfortable.

Eventually got rid of my Berlin, which does look identical to the Rotterdam. I found the headrest far too low - sticking into upper back. Seems to encourage poor posture.

Am now back to the chair I was using before I got the Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well stuck an order in for the Rotterdam got it for around €79 including delivery, looks like same day delivery in Dublin, doesn't include Lucan, will advise if it's a decent chair or a piece of crap when I receive it and put it together. Trilla90 did you buy it or are u still looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

actually in the market for a chair for the pc, looking on their site there's a leather Malaga Executive chair for 39.99 ex-vat or a Rio for 30 ex vat or should i go for the Berlin?

yeh get the Berlin, padded arms and metal base, Malaga is plastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

T-Maxx wrote: »
    NJS007 wrote: »

:confused:
    Sorry that should have read that viking always have an offer of an office chair that they list at €160 + & sell €60... Quality of the chairs isn't great but you will get a little while out from it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Anyone happen to know if these are comfortable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Looks very similar to the Berlin which like others in this thread i too have. I use it regularily and find it comfortable.

The main difference I can tell from the details is that the back height on the Rotterdam is 700mm and 500mm on the Berlin.

But then the Rotterdam is rated for 0-3 hour usage while the Berlin is for "casual" usage...

Hey OP where'd you find the discount code?

Panda wrote: »
    Looks very similar to the Berlin which like others in this thread i too have. I use it regularily and find it comfortable.

The main difference I can tell from the details is that the back height on the Rotterdam is 700mm and 500mm on the Berlin.

But then the Rotterdam is rated for 0-3 hour usage while the Berlin is for "casual" usage...

Hey OP where'd you find the discount code?

http://clicknsave.ie/viking-direct-rotterdam-executive-chair-normally-eur180-59-save-over-eur120/

the link above looks like the discounts invalid now though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Damn, I'm on the lookout for a new chair and the Rotterdam would have been fine.
    Discount code not valid anymore so it looks like I'll get the Berlin.

Can anyone tell me is there a massive difference comfort wise between the Berlin and Rotterdam ?

Advertisement