Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Job (full time) in Limerick City

Options
  • 09-03-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    Just wondering has anyone got any advice on where to look for a full time job for the summer?(May- August) I started a postgrad in primary teaching in Mary I in February and the fees for next year are €6,000 i.e. I desperately need to save as much money as possible during the summer.
    I know they're aren't many jobs around these days but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Try Penneys, their part time hours are close enough to full time hours

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kitchensinks

Thanks for the tip :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Clohseys Bar? I know a few people had left there recently (My sister included), so they might be looking.

ThanksXiledSniper much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

im not looking for a job but i see most bars and restaurants downtown are looking for people so you shouldnt be looking for long if these areas tickle your fancy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 keeva1995

moving back to limerick in the next few weeks.looking for a bar job.is there really alot of bars looking for staff.cant find anything on the internet

thanks for the help dave 27

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Get your CV in now for summer work!! Important to beat the hoardes who will start looking around Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hitsugaya252

Still haven't got anything >.< will summer bring vacancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Passed by the other day, the Texas Steakhouse is looking staff! Full and parttime :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Hitsugaya252

The Snipe wrote: »
    Passed by the other day, the Texas Steakhouse is looking staff! Full and parttime :D

Those monkey's are never going to hire.. They are just putting it for showoff..
    already dropped more 3 times there...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

there are 25000 people unemployed in the city and county, so jobs are hard to get try the need a job thread people post all jobs they see there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

kilburn wrote: »
    there are 25000 people unemployed in the city and county, so jobs are hard to get try the need a job thread people post all jobs they see there.

Despite having mentioned myself the number of people unemployed in Limerick in many threads over the past few years, it never fails to stun me when I see the figure again.

Really is scary that a city as small as Limerick (it is closer to a big town than a city imho) with a county population that is quite modest having such a large number of people out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Years of being ignored by our government and treated with contempt.

There is an EU fund available to pump money into unemployment blackspots, cannot understand why the muppets in power dont apply for it. I would have no problem with Limerick officially being branded an unemployment blackspot as long is it meant it finally getting sorted.

They should have done everything in their power to get Paypal down here to help the city which is dying a slow miserable death.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭cjthecrow

Smyths/Icon are usually looking to hire, they seem to run through employees, not sure why though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

cjthecrow wrote: »
    Smyths/Icon are usually looking to hire, they seem to run through employees, not sure why though!

Says something about their management I think. They seem to permanently have a sign in the window

Advertisement