Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisdom Tooth Extraction - 'elp

Options
  • 09-03-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all,

Would anyone know the name of an oral surgeon who could remove a lower wisdom tooth (impacted, partially-erupted), for a reasonable price?

I have no health insurance and there seems to be quite a different in the prices I have seen from Google searches etc (I also noticed that the prices quoted online often don't reflect the true full cost).

I am based in Dublin but would be willing to travel.

Grateful for any help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mush500

Hi J-dub

Most oral surgeons will charge you a consultation fee around 100e and probably more if you need an xray.

Most charge 250-350e for wisdom teeth in my experience, and around 200e more if you deicide to go for sedation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 j_dub

thanks a lot - and if I don't go for the sedation, I am guessing it will be quite painful?(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

j_dub wrote: »
    thanks a lot - and if I don't go for the sedation, I am guessing it will be quite painful?(!)

Done correctly under local, this should not be painful. You will feel the pinches of the injections, then some pushing pressure and some drilling like having a filling but this should not be sore. Iv sedation is used to calm nervous patients, not reduce pain....

Good luck,

OS

thanks a lot - so if I go for local, there should be no 'extra' charges per se?

Not overly-familiar with this sort of stuff, hence asking.

Appreciate the advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mush500

Local anaesthetic will be included in the price of extraction J-dub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

j_dub wrote: »
    thanks a lot - so if I go for local, there should be no 'extra' charges per se?

Not overly-familiar with this sort of stuff, hence asking.

Appreciate the advice...

The use of local anesthetic with not be an extra charge as it would be barbaric to do the procedure without it...

As Mush says, clinics charge a consultation fee, an X-ray fee, an extraction fee and then sometimes a sedation fee if used. General anesthetic involves another fee (for the anesthetist and hospital involved)...

Some clinics are fair and wave the consult fee if all is done on the one day so for you that would mean paying the X-ray and extraction fee alone. other clinics insist on either having a separate consult or for charging for it on the procedure day....

Good luck,
    OS

thanks for all the help

Advertisement