Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faris on Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

"Back in the bad old days pro cyclists would keep their EPO in a thermos in their backpack. EPO needs to be kept refrigerated, so they would keep it close by both for security and so they could refill the ice in the thermos. "

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I've always loved Faris. the speedos, the hair, the beard. The quaffing of beer at the finish line.

But now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Bad link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

http://www.firstoffthebike.com/interviews/2674-faris-alsultan-keeping-it-old-school
    At the Abu Dhabi press conference, there was a little bit of talk about Lance Armstrong coming back into the fold and that’s given an injection of excitement into the sport. Do you see his involvement as a positive thing?
    I’m a professional athlete so you should be real about everything, about your own performance and about everything that happens around you and in your sport. To some degree of course I’m very happy that he’s racing because he simply adds some exposure to us. Media get crazy and I’ve already been asked by German media what I think about his appearance and this is very nice, this is good for us, it’s good for the sport. On the other hand he has been a pro-cyclist for 20 years and we all know what he carries in his backpack with him, so I’m not so happy about that. And so it’s two-sided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

At least he says it how he sees it, none of the usual mealy mouth stuff you normally get from 'stars' in their chosen field.

He's there to give an interview and one of the first questions he's asked is about Armstrong, he's probably fed up with it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

given an injection

Interesting choice of phrase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

All that said, it is starting to sound like a lot of people are running scared of Armstrong and that he might show a few of them up. A bit like getting overtaken by a bloke in a GAA shirt (hey, this is my sport, I trained hard, you just can't come along...)

On the other hand, if you’re convinced he doped, it’d piss you off no end having him rock up to the start line.

It'll be an interesting year anyway, as you can guarantee if he wins, you'll get a lot more people like Faris coming out and having a go.

Advertisement