Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The penny-saving consumers making supermarkets nervous.

Options
  • 09-03-2012 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

"They are arguably the Goliaths of the retail industry, raking in billions as they tempt and bombard their customers with promotional offers. However, supermarkets are keeping a watchful eye on a small but influential breed of shopper who is keeping them on their toes.

The 'professional shopper' is the name given to the supermarket consumer who approaches the weekly shop with military precision in a bid to save money - and they take no prisoners when it comes to sniffing out a bargain."

At least we have a forum dedicated to all this. :p

Bargain Alert Shoppers. LOL.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112477/The-professional-shoppers-making-supermarkets-nervous.html

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where's the bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Great read - funny how only lately companies are catching onto this... some sites even integrating the "Hot" button from HUKD...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I don't do anything but get special offers.

i live within walking distance of Tesco, Super Valu, Lidl, and Aldi.

Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

jayteecork wrote: »
    I don't do anything but get special offers.

i live within walking distance of Tesco, Super Valu, Lidl, and Aldi.

Happy Days.

I am in something of a similar position. I find that I am not buying much foodstuffs that is not BOGOF, half price, or 33% off meat etc plus Dunnes in particular are selling off stuff within a couple of days of their best before date at half price or more - 3 or 4 years ago they would have just disposed of that stuff but they are now selling it off for whatever they can get for it as it both brings in revenue and cuts waste disposal costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No bargain here!

Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement