Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shot at War organisation

Options
  • 09-03-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm teaching Michael Murpurgo's Private Peaceful with a first year English class at the moment. It's a novel about how the Great War intrudes on a family in rural England, and how the experiences of two members of the family at the Front transforms their lives forever. It's incredibly moving and thought provoking, and as we are reaching the denoument, I have been thinking of ways to wrap it up so to speak.

Without giving too much away, the Shot at Dawn campaign directly pertains to aspects of the novel, and I thought it would be wonderful to have someone who was involved in that campaign to talk to the students. I was wondering therefore, if anyone here had contact details for those who were involved in the campaign, or where I might find them? I don't want to intrude on peoples' lives, but I imagine that such a group would be willing to spread their message to a younger generation, and raise awareness of a grievous injustice.

All replies appreciated, whether they be here or through the private messaging system.

Thanks very much in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

There is a typo in the thread title, no ?

I think the organisation behind the Shot at Dawn campaign are the same people as behind the 'pardon for WW2 Irish army deserters' campaign. Open to correction on that but I believe I read that somewhere recently.

Their contact info is on this page :

http://www.forthesakeofexample.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hey, thanks for that. Yep, typo in the title. Only noticed after I pressed enter.

Advertisement