Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastering a concrete Wall

Options
  • 09-03-2012 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi

So, I live in a pretty old flat and the walls & ceilings are solid concrete, no bricks/blocks. I noticed a while ago that the paint was peeling from the ceiling in the bathroom. I presume it was the result of the humidity from the bath/shower so I scratched it all off and found there to be no plaster on the ceiling at all.

So, I'm thinking that I'll have to plaster it meself. Or can I just paint straight onto the concrete? Like if I either put polybond or a coat of emulsion onto the ceiling and then paint it'll be ok? Or will it just peel off again in a few years?

Or should I polybond the concrete and then apply a coat of hardwall i.e plaster/gypsum wait for it to dry for a week or two and then paint it?

Thanks

Advertisement