Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laser hair removal

Options
  • 09-03-2012 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

g'day,

had a consultation about removing hair on my back, free consultation but the price you see is only if you're willing to pay it in full on the day of this consultation, otherwise it it doubles the price. anyway..

it's about 500 quid for what is considerd as middle or upper back, rather than whole which would be over a grand, and these are the cheaper prices booking on the day.

the place i went to don't use any sort of deal websites and i was told those who do are a bit ropey in terms of permanent results, machines not up to scratch etc..

i know they want the business and it's no harm saying everywhere else is crap but i get plenty of emails a week saying 'unlimited for 79e' or '10 treatments for 120e' etc.

the price the place i went to requested makes me think it is a better treatment that will be more permanent, you pay for what you get etc, but i'm wondering why they haven't jumped on the deal system like so many others. maybe she's right and the cheaper option would be pointless in the long run

anyone paid mad amounts, or gone the cheaper deal route and been successful? i've roughly 21 hours to make up my mind on the expensive place... 500 quid is about 6 weeks wages for me.

thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

any place that puts a time limit on their offer is not worth considering IMO.
    If they are good at their job they will not need to adopt such tactics. Take your time and do your research and tell those chancers to sling their hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MaxyJazz

Has anyone got laser hair removal? Is the result 100% hair removed??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hollypop

MaxyJazz wrote: »

Im going to Ebano in nutgrove 3 of 6 sessions done. Good results do far.
    You're being quoted mad money. Call into a few places for quotes.
    Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I had 13 sessions on my back and shoulders over the course of a year. After every treatment it appeared that the hair was going. The pain of the treatment was pretty horrific each time!
    Anyways its now been 7 months since my last treatment and pretty much all the hair is back again. Very disappointing and cost me nearly 2K. My advise, stick with the Mac3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sturner10

MaxyJazz wrote: »

No, it does not remove 100% of your hair - it's a permanent hair reduction solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Actually does anybody know of any sort of device which can let you shave your back?

not flexiable to get my hands around it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

The aul "their equipment isn't up to scratch" type comment is a typical put down without basis. Most of the companies I've seen use the likes of Boards Deals are brand new start-ups that are hoping for high turnover and word of mouth to start paying off the cost of equipment etc., so it's probably the opposite to what the naysayers are suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Actually does anybody know of any sort of device which can let you shave your back?

not flexiable to get my hands around it:D

Try this:

http://www.mangroomer.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'd go elsewhere purely on the basis.of there dodgy sales technequie. Free consultation but pay now or it doubles. Sounds like a gang of cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There are many different types of laser hair removal treatments. Those used in beauty salons are not as strong as those used by medical professionals. You will probably get better results from cosmetic surgery clinics than you will in salons.

As previously said, it is permanent hair reduction, not removal. It works best on pale skin with dark hair, as the laser travels down the hair to the root of the follicle and needs pigment in the hair to do this.

Expect maintenance sessions once or twice a year after you achieve the desired results. If all the hair grows back I would return and query why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

laser_man wrote: »
    I had 13 sessions on my back and shoulders over the course of a year. After every treatment it appeared that the hair was going. The pain of the treatment was pretty horrific each time!
    Anyways its now been 7 months since my last treatment and pretty much all the hair is back again. Very disappointing and cost me nearly 2K. My advise, stick with the Mac3.

Go and fcuk....will be the words I use to any woman who tells me to get this done. :cool:

Advertisement