Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baxi Megaflo

Options
  • 09-03-2012 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hello All,

Can someone throw a bit of light on something for me regarding the Baxi Magaflo.

We had one installed 4 years ago and had some initial teething problems (pressure kept dropping and rads weren't working at full capacity). I have had it serviced every year with no issues. I got it serviced again this year and the service man told me that there was a problem the expansion vessel and needed a new one. So whilst waiting for the part (and admittedly I was a little slow to order it) I had a new problem of water in the system which I am now told had got into the circuit board and now the boiler won't work. The service man tells me that the damage is from "rusty water eating through the expansion vessel, leaking onto pcb" - and that it's going to cost me over €500 to fix everything.

My neighbours have all had issues with their heating and plumbing so this may be an installation problem??

It seems to me that it is very early for the boiler to have such damage already. Do I have any come back with the installer or manufacturer. It looks like it is not covered on my insurance.

Any advise gladly welcomed.

Comments

If a boiler is flushed correctly at installation with inhibitor added and maintained then it's impossible to get contaminated water like you have in your heating system, the water will be clean after 30 years if the inhibitor is maintained.
    It is possible to have issues with contaminated water in a rad based system after just 6 months, it's dependent on the quality of the mains water, if you have any leaks and if the inhibitor was added correctly.

Long story short, manufacturing issue no, installation issue possibly especially as you had a leak at the start.

I would see if your service guy would write a report stating his findings and then ask the original installer how you have a contaminated system when it should be spotless.

Advertisement