Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dravid calls time....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Feel privileged to have watched his career. One of the all time greats of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

The game of cricket has lost a living legend.

True Gentleman he is too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 vitalscience

One of the best batsmen India ever had, he was the real "Wall".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

His press release says it all about the maestro. Humility, enthusiasm and family man. To out-century Lara and Gavaskar shows the level he attained and why he had the nickname "The wall".

A great loss to cricket on the pitch but it would be interesting to hear him as a pundit or commentator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Great player and great Servant for us. Would surely miss him. He adapted his game so well in the late 90s.

Thanks for all the memories Rahul "Jammy" Dravid. I'm also very proud that he is from Bangalore, the place where I stay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

One of the greatest to ever play, excellent average, overall his stats are better then the great Tendulkar.

Feel privelaged to have seen him play, the mental aspect to the game being a particular strong point, I think I saw a stat earlier that no other batsman has ever faced as many balls as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

If they were ever to name a street in Bangalore after Dravid it should be called Wall Street........and this one won't collapse!!:D:

Superb article in the Guardian today about the great man......worth a read:)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/mar/09/rahul-dravid-india-genius-boundary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good read that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

A sad day for cricket, can anyone out there replace him?. I don't think so, when they made him they broke the mold.

It's still a pity he didn't get a home Test match to have his farewell. Instead it's likely to be the IPL where he will get a send off...

Advertisement