Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country Spikes

Options
  • 09-03-2012 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

hey,

anything to consider when buying cross country spikes.

getting a pair for mainly faster type training in fields this spring, might be soggy so figure ill need some grip when turning.

cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Snug fit, bit of a heel if using regularly, some grips on the sole apart from the spikes. I tend to stick with the same brand as my primary road shoes, so I use the Adidas XCS and the fit feels comparable to my Tempos.
    I wouldn't use spikes for training though only for a few run outs before a race - have been using Inov-8 F230's on grass for sessions and they're fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Snug fit, bit of a heel if using regularly, some grips on the sole apart from the spikes. I tend to stick with the same brand as my primary road shoes, so I use the Adidas XCS and the fit feels comparable to my Tempos.
    I wouldn't use spikes for training though only for a few run outs before a race - have been using Inov-8 F230's on grass for sessions and they're fab.

never really thought of trail/off road shoes as an option, might be a better option alright...however, when running laps or football fields doing intervals and faster, and advantage in using XC spikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

seanynova wrote: »
    never really thought of trail/off road shoes as an option, might be a better option alright...however, when running laps or football fields doing intervals and faster, and advantage in using XC spikes?

Only if the conditions were pretty mucky, where you can put in longer spikes, but you'd be potentially increasing the likelihood of injury in spikes - imo.

Advertisement