Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mink are only a problem in 4 Counties.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Goalposts on this seem to be changing the whole time:confused: - probably due to lack of funding to cover the whole country:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Dont know about those counties, I fish the liffey and they are everywhere, despite trapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Dont know about those counties, I fish the liffey and they are everywhere, despite trapping.

Plenty in Roscommon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Goalposts on this seem to be changing the whole time:confused: - probably due to lack of funding to cover the whole country:(

Limited funding is what I heard on the radio a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

marlin vs wrote: »
    Donegal, Kerry, Mayo, and Galway have a problem and the rest of the country hasn't :confused:
    He didn't say that. They want to target mink control in areas of greatest concern. These include eg: the lakes in Donegal where the few Red throated divers breed, corncrakes in Donegal and West Connaught and Storm petrel colonies on offshore Islands in kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

all over longford, i shot one in a farm yard cross the road it killed 3 big turkeys in a night...

Advertisement