Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wing Tsun Kung Fu in Maynooth

• 08-03-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

For anyone who may be interested, a new Wing Tsun school will open in Maynooth in the near future. Classes will be taught by Barry Smith who has been training in the Blanchardstown school since 2006 and who has been helping to teach as an assistant instructor for the past year.

We hope to launch the school with a Wing Tsun introductory seminar which will then be followed by either a beginners course or regular classes. The venue and times have not been confirmed yet however for further details please contact Barry on 0879695475 or email info@wingtsun.ie .

Regards,

Michael
    http://www.wingtsun.ie/maynooth.html
    www.wingtsun.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 enjoyment

I did a free class once in Limerick 5 years ago.
    It was not good.
    It seems to be a confidence trick.
    It is a rip off of the style wing chun.
    I think peope are wasting there money because they know no better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Michael O Leary

enjoyment wrote: »
    I did a free class once in Limerick 5 years ago.
    It was not good.
    It seems to be a confidence trick.
    It is a rip off of the style wing chun.
    I think peope are wasting there money because they know no better.

Hi,

I don't know anything good or bad about the Limerick class as it is a different organisation. We are part of the Irish Wing Tsun Organisation and we do our best to ensure every student has a positive experience.

There is no "one" style of Wing Chun. Wing Chun or Ving Tsun are just a generic names for the type of Kung-Fu that Yip Man taught Bruce Lee. Lots of Yip Man's students teach differently including his two sons Yip Chun and Yip Ching. Wing Tsun is a specific version of Wing Chun taught to the head of our organisation, however we are not responsible for the quality of independent Wing Tsun schools.

No one is out to trick anyone and if we wanted to make money, there are many easier ways to do so. Barry for example has been training in Wing Tsun a few times per week for 6 years now and only qualified as an instructor last year. If this was some type of confidence trick, he would have qualified much sooner.

For anyone who is interested in the classes, please contact Barry on 087 6033571 rather than the number in the first post.

Regards,

Michael

Hiya.

Well I have now to ask for forgivness Sifu mike.
    You have an excellent school and or enterprise I am certain.
    I was concerned that you may be ripping off people and thats not good or right behaviour, I am sure you would agree.
    Its just so easy for weak people to be conned now a days.

All the best and if you have or can you oranize a school near Clonmel or Nenagh that I could attend I may be enlightened.

Tnks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

?????

Call me paranoid but... is it just me or does the whole above conversation read like a badly planned script? From scornful disbelief to respectful proper use of 'sifu' titles in the space of 1 post, enjoyment has to be the most easily convinced person in the world lol

Maybe I need to repair my tinfoil hat

Damn
    Mick I knew this would happen and now you can keep your kind offer of personal lessons on whig chuns secret kicking techs also. I need a new sect to join.

:)

• Advertisement

Hi Peetrick,

It is sarcasm. I think I have already had this conversation with "enjoyment" when he was posting as "Zagzagal".
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72382440

Regards,

Michael
    www.wingtsun.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zagzagal

Hi

These may be questions or fears that i presented, so in that regard I think its good to talk about concerns.
    You are a good Sifu running a club in difficult economic times and I wish you every success.

I have never met you for the record but am aware of the good work you do.

zig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

You seem to have spelled your name wrong there Zagzagel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Enjoyment is taking a little break from boards.ie for duplicate account creation and trolling.

Hi all,

I would just like to follow up on my original post and confirm that classes are starting in Maynooth this Wednesday from 8.30-10pm. The first class is free and all you need is a t-shirt, trainers and loose tracksuit bottoms.

Classes will take place in the Maynooth Community Council which is in the Manor Mills Shopping Centre. For further details, please contact Barry on 087 6033571.

Regards,

Michael

• Advertisement
Advertisement