Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! Society Golf with Lodges 2012

Options
  • 08-03-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Help with Venue for 2012

looking for a decent track with on site accomodation preferably golf lodges. Found the lodges better craic than hastle in residents bar for jar etc past 2 am.
    Previous outings were Waterford Castle,Mount Juliet, Franham Estate, Druids Glen,Mount Wolsely. The ones with the lodges Waterford and Mount Juliet worked out better than the hotels

Any suggestions within 2 hours drive approx from Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

The Heritage?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭redhill

Lough Erne. Just in ur two hour slot, and as a thread on here today states well reduced green fees and stay n play packages, the lodges are a class act too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Schlicky

link_2007 wrote: »
    The Heritage?
    Thanks link - will check with them

redhill wrote: »
    Lough Erne. Just in ur two hour slot, and as a thread on here today states well reduced green fees and stay n play packages, the lodges are a class act too.
    Thanks Redhill - they have come back with £130 B&B,Golf - Looks nice

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Dundrum House ...... its a decent track and well laid out in terms of your lodge/apartment and the hotel.

• Advertisement

Schlicky wrote: »
    Thanks Redhill - they have come back with £130 B&B,Golf - Looks nice

is that for 2 rounds, if so thats a great deal, its a great course, some stunning holes and vistas, depending on the tee you go for you may want a buggy, there are some long walks between holes, one of which (5th-6th) is like going up a ski slope.

Dtoffee wrote: »
    Dundrum House ...... its a decent track and well laid out in terms of your lodge/apartment and the hotel.
    Thanks - never thought of there.

redhill wrote: »
    is that for 2 rounds, if so thats a great deal, its a great course, some stunning holes and vistas, depending on the tee you go for you may want a buggy, there are some long walks between holes, one of which (5th-6th) is like going up a ski slope.
    ta for the info - 2 rounds I wish...good price or not ? What did you pay ? - Golf and accomodation on the lodges 130stg not bad me thinks

Schlicky wrote: »
    ta for the info - 2 rounds I wish...good price or not ? What did you pay ? - Golf and accomodation on the lodges 130stg not bad me thinks

I have played it 4 times, got a 4 ball voucher from a customer in my shop (paid him150 for it ) for 1st time, had a freebie 2nd round as we were making a booking for 85 people to stay and play 2 rounds. This cost 200, for 2 rounds, 1 nite in the lodges, evening meal & buggy on the 2nd day which was well needed .
    Hard to compare the prices as most places will give a good deal when taking such a big party. I help run a large golf association and find the last couple of years even the bigger clubs are starting to get the finger out and give decent prices E.g. This year we are off to Royal County Down and we have got 2 rounds for 150( limited to 60 people), normal green fee is around 150-175 I think
    Enjoy lough erne it's a great course, better than the likes of the K Club, Carton etc, I wud say it's in the top 3-4 parklands

Advertisement