Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to oz (Whitton NSW)

Options
  • 08-03-2012 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Well going to oz in april,got a job in whittion nsw,has anyone ever bein around dis area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Small place: couple of shops, churches, pub, post office. Very flat.
    It is also in the Riverina which is getting the granddaddy of all rainfalls in the past weeks. Narrandera and Forbes have been affected and Griffith is on alert which are all in proximity to Whitton.
    Contact your employer there to see how things are there. Am sure it'll be fine by April but better to check.
    Saw some extraordinary photos coming out of Wagga, entire paddocks covered in spider webs after the rains washed them out of their usual spots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 paulg22

Thanks for that cooperspale,ya ill get on to the boss befour i head out to be safe,would u get any irish around them parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

No idea, I wouldn't be relying on it. Hard working farming types around there mostly.

i was thinken there wouldnt be anyway,if i do a couple of months there to get my second year visa it would be to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Ye, it's a very small town, although it's a 20 min drive to Griffith, and a 20 minute drive to Leeton, which are much bigger towns, so maybe you could commute to work?

• Advertisement

ya i was looking at leeton it seem to be a nice town,fairly big, so hopefully i can get a place there.

Advertisement