Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16% carbamide Peroxide

Options
  • 08-03-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi Im just in from dentist ,he gave me the stuff to whitening my teeth.Only thing I forgot to ask do i sleep with the trays in or just leave for an hour or so.Maybe someone will know the answer.Thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 carisma

just leave them in for 1 hour. Don't wear them over night, your teeth will be extremely sensitive! It would be the best to wear them before you go to bed. Don't drink and eat afterwards. Especially don't eat or drink very colourful things like tomatosoup, currysauce or orange juice until 24 hours after the last time you wear the tray, it could recolour your teeth again.
    good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

carisma wrote: »
    just leave them in for 1 hour. Don't wear them over night, your teeth will be extremely sensitive! It would be the best to wear them before you go to bed. Don't drink and eat afterwards. Especially don't eat or drink very colourful things like tomatosoup, currysauce or orange juice until 24 hours after the last time you wear the tray, it could recolour your teeth again.
    good luck!

Not correct, do as your dentist tells you. I always get patient to wear them overnight. It depends on what kind of bleach the dentist is doing. Ask the dentist who prescribed it. Sensitivity varies between people and is more common with cheap unbuffered bleaches. 16% carbamide is pretty weak and need to be held against the teeth for extended periods to be effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks a mill he just said to me to use sensodyne toothpaste in the trays to help with sensitivity.Thanks for replys;)

Advertisement