Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Reserve Expenses and Maintenance Grants

• 08-03-2012 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Expenses and Maintenance Grants

Ok I have been searching through the threads but havnt really found an answer yet. I will be starting training for the reserve soon. The question I have is will the expenses paid annually affect my maintenance grant? This was raised in the Dail however not directly answered! Anybody around here in a similar situation?

Apologies to the mods if theres a similar thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Unless things have dramatically changed your maintenance grant is means tested on initial application then each year all you have to do is get your college to confirm your still in your course.

Therefore they wont ask re your income.

Notwithstanding that > Unless your in the highest grant category (with the top up grant - circa e6,000 if your getting full non-adjacent rate) then it would hardly push you over a limit. Even if you are on that full amount you are allowed earn a small amount (allowed for as Student Part time "summer earnings") and the GR allowance certainly wouldnt cap that. *ALL* income must be included in your grant application, but Students summer earnings get a separate part in the form and be discounted by awarding authority.

In other words if its your only personal income it wont affect you, and if your assessed on your parents income its highly unlikely to affect your eligability.

Only your local grants authority can advise on same.

Advertisement