Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance grant enquiry...changing course for ucas course

Options
  • 08-03-2012 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

I've applied to ucas and if my application is successful i will not be doing second year in my course in UCD but going to the uk to start a course in radiotherapy.

However, this year I recieved my maintenance grant from kerry county council .... what would happen if i dropped out and moved to a different course in the uk....am i still entitled to recieve my grant if i go to england....

I am aware that I probably wouldnt get first year but im due to get the grant for 4 years here in ireland but if i was to go to england my grant would only be 3 years long......

If anyone could give me some advice i would be so so grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Found this on the info booklet abut the grant.
    Where a student is required as part of an approved undergraduate or
    postgraduate course to attend a higher education institution outside the State for a period of up to one year, a maintenance grant may continue to be paid where the period abroad does not extend the normal duration of the approved course.
    I'm not 100%, but to me that would say that you will only be paid this if you have to go to England for your course and not if you're transferring. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

You don't get paid the maintenance grant to go to a college outside of the country, otherwise half the country would go abroad for college.

Advertisement