Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1 Anime DVDs In Chapters

Options
  • 08-03-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Was browsing the secondhand DVD section of Chapters on Parnell St. and came across a shelf full of anime DVDs marked down to €1. It's mostly the first volumes of ADV and MVM series, as well as a few other oddities. The discs are in pristine condition and if I didn't know any better I'd say someone from another store wanted to get rid of some serious overstock.

Here's what I can remember seeing;

Hellsing
    Paranoia Agent
    Chobits
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Parasite Dolls
    Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation
    Trigun
    Noir
    Alice
    Salaryman Kintaro
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Fist of the North Star

As I said it's mostly just the first volume collecting the first four episodes of each show but it's a great way to get into new stuff. I snagged a couple myself as well as the last copy of Spriggan too, well chuffed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

Just saw this post. Cheers for the heads up. Going to drop in after work today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Heading in later today myself - you better of not.... knick'ed all the goodies >_> But yeah, thanks Saruwatari!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I shall head in tomorrow. Thanks for the tip off!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Barr125

Hellsing AND Trigun?? *Dashes to Parnell Street (despite being in South Kildare and it being 11.30 at night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I'm envious of whoever buys Serial Experiments Lain and gets to see it for the first time. I own the DVDs and it's the most underrated show ever. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

e_e wrote: »
    I'm envious of whoever buys Serial Experiments Lain and gets to see it for the first time. I own the DVDs and it's the most underrated show ever. :)

If only. Thats the shame about loving a show, you can never have that special moment of seeing it for the first time again. I would buy it but what the hell is the point, it's a second hand DVD that the distributor and production would see absolutely zero profit from, the normal dvd prices are a bit too rapey for me and I have the blu-ray rip (which if I were to buy would cost 300 dollar, so of course I won't buy that)

Advertisement