Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over a month to get an Eircom land Broadband in Really??

Options
  • 08-03-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Just wondering If this is actual standard Eircom service.I ordered Eircom Phone and broadband the 22/2/2012.I got the service agreement to sign and return a while back and then heard nothing.So I called Eircom Yesterday to query this.

The Eircom representative Did not know when I was getting my line in so he said he would send an Email to find out,He was surprised I hadn't received a technicians notice in the post.He called me back today 8/03/2012 and informed me that I will have a Technician calling out to me for my phone line next Friday the 16/03/2012.

Previous to ordering Eircom Phone and Broadband I cancelled my contract with 3 mobile Broadband Ireland,that will run out this week.So a Month to get the phonline in is standard practice??Then what is all this 10 day installation Eircom have on their Website?And thats just my phone line,I do not know how much longer the broadband will take.

I live two buildings away from an Eircom building too,in a busy town not rural at all.How long more would I have had to wait for word from Eircom had I not called them myself??I mean come on now a month possibly longer,really?
    :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Phoenix1608

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Just wondering If this is actual standard Eircom service.I ordered Eircom Phone and broadband the 22/2/2012.I got the service agreement to sign and return a while back and then heard nothing.So I called Eircom Yesterday to query this.

The Eircom representative Did not know when I was getting my line in so he said he would send an Email to find out,He was surprised I hadn't received a technicians notice in the post.He called me back today 8/03/2012 and informed me that I will have a Technician calling out to me for my phone line next Friday the 16/03/2012.

Previous to ordering Eircom Phone and Broadband I cancelled my contract with 3 mobile Broadband Ireland,that will run out this week.So a Month to get the phonline in is standard practice??Then what is all this 10 day installation Eircom have on their Website?And thats just my phone line,I do not know how much longer the broadband will take.

I live two buildings away from an Eircom building too,in a busy town not rural at all.How long more would I have had to wait for word from Eircom had I not called them myself??I mean come on now a month possibly longer,really?
    :confused:

Hi Phoenix1608,

Can you send me a private message with your telephone number or order number and I can look into the status of broadband order for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 34 leannejoshua

I rang vodafone a few days ago and if there was a line active in the past 2 years vodafone can reconnect it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Phoneix did they turn up??? Eircom were supposed to turn up Wednesday to connect a phone line in my house but they never bothered to turn up or even tell us they werent coming. My partner had to take a days leave to wait for them. What a waste of a days holidays.

lolli wrote: »
    Phoneix did they turn up??? Eircom were supposed to turn up Wednesday to connect a phone line in my house but they never bothered to turn up or even tell us they werent coming. My partner had to take a days leave to wait for them. What a waste of a days holidays.

Hi lolli,

Sorry to hear the technician did not call out when arranged, have you set up a new appointment as yet? If you want me to look into it, PM me with your lelephone number or account number and I will investigate as to why the appointment was not kept.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 xil

Phoenix1608,

It is taking me since February to get a landline & broadband. I was told that by 8th March it will be activated and running. Its 8th of May now and still no landline connected. ;)

They opened investigation today, maybe this will move things a bit.

Completely dissatisfied and the worst thing is that, due to Eircom being USP, they are the only one that can build the infrastructure to connect to what they call "basic telephone service".

-x

xil wrote: »
    Phoenix1608,

It is taking me since February to get a landline & broadband. I was told that by 8th March it will be activated and running. Its 8th of May now and still no landline connected. ;)

They opened investigation today, maybe this will move things a bit.

Completely dissatisfied and the worst thing is that, due to Eircom being USP, they are the only one that can build the infrastructure to connect to what they call "basic telephone service".

-x

Hi xil,

Can you send me a PM with your order number and I can check the status of the new line installtion for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement